22- Conflictions

____________________

     "She pulled my hair Daddy, Mama said to never let anyone touch my hair" I protested frustratedly as Daddy pulled me down the steps of the theater hall. Since I could talk, I loved to sing and with Mama nurturing my gift I was accepted at a prestige performing arts academy for the young and gifted. While my gift was flourishing, so was something else.

Like my brothers I had a temper of my own.

Rehearsals for the musical had stretched late into the evening and the sun was starting to set. When Anna McDonough thought it would be funny to tug at my hair whenever I was my cue. It caused me to constantly make mistakes until I finally had enough and punched her in the nose. Everyone blamed me and I was immediately sent to the office to wait for someone to pick me up.  Surprisingly enough it was my dad that strode through the doors for me. But the snobby stuck up staff spoke  differently to him, they were polite and acted if they had inconvenienced him. I wasn't suspended from school or cut from the play.

That didn't make him any less upset with me.

Soon as they were done sucking up to my dad, he turned on his heel rushing out of the building. He was rushing for some reason and as we climbed into his car he got a phone call. He didn't try to hold his frustration but assured whoever was on the other line that he was on the way. He didn't speak to me but stared straight ahead, the glittering street lights flew by as he drove along the highway. Soon we pulled up in front of an old, boarded up building. It was on the verge of collapsing with rusty pipes sticking out from in between the crumbling bricks that were scrawled with graffiti.

"No matter what you hear, do not get out of this car, you understand?" He asked staring intensely at me.

With an unsettling sensation at the base of my stomach I stared back at him.

"What is this place Daddy? Where are you going?"

"It's just some business stuff nothing for you to worry about, but you need to promise me that you will not leave this car Kamia "

With uncertainty bubbling inside of me I frowned at the heavy pressure of his heavy gaze.

"Ok Daddy"

"Promise me, Kamia"

"I promise"

With a tiny smile Dad grabbed ahold of my head he pulled me close kissing my forehead before quickly climbing out of the car and locking it behind him.

********************************

My legs jittered impatiently as my blatter began to hurt, I needed to go.