C10

After the initial panic, Shu Shuishui, who was caught, quickly calmed down. These seven humans were the first group of beings he had encountered since entering this world. Although Shu Shuishui felt that encountering seven humans was not as interesting as encountering seven grasshoppers, it at least proved that there were still living creatures on this planet.

Shu Shuishui temporarily gave up struggling and prepared to follow these people. It saved him the trouble of driving himself, especially since, back on Earth, with his adorable face, he never worried about humans eating him.

But the reality was different.

Shu Shuishui was held by the back of his neck and placed on a large leaf. The person then rolled him up several times, turning him into a cocoon-like shape.

undefinedShu Shuishui: !!!

After rolling up the dormouse, the person intended to put Shu Shuishui over the fire while providing an explanation to the others. “Actually, if we had lotus leaves, they would give the best flavor, but lotus leaves are hard to store and carry, not to mention hard to find.”

“Brother Chun, can we eat this? It’s the first time I’ve seen such a mouse.” Someone next to him asked cautiously.

The man who rolled up the dormouse hadn’t spoken yet, but Shu Shuishui, with only his head able to move, shook it frantically.

Everyone: !!!

All eyes turned towards Shu Shuishui, who was being held in the rolled-up dormouse. Even the man holding him was startled.

“Brother Chun, did the mouse just shake its head? Can it understand us?”

“I saw it too. This is so damn strange.”

A young man reached out and poked Shu Shuishui’s chubby cheek. “Can you understand what we’re saying?”

Shu Shuishui neither nodded nor shook his head. He remembered Shu Bao’s advice not to show intelligence in front of humans, not to speak or communicate, unless he transformed into a human form one day.

As the rolled-up Shu Shuishui weighed the possibility of not speaking and being roasted over the fire, the man called Brother Chun, raised his hand and slapped the young man. “Are you stupid? Can a mouse understand anything?”

The young man felt a bit wronged. “I just feel that this mouse is a bit different.” What exactly was different? For example, it didn’t look as repulsive, it was chubby and cute, and after being caught, it hardly struggled, wearing an obedient expression.

Brother Chun was indifferent. “Do you know how long it’s been since I last tasted meat? Besides, it’s still made of meat.”

Shu Shuishui felt desperate. What kind of crazy world was this where they ate dormice rolled up in vegetables? It was unbearable!

Just as Shu Shuishui was about to violently break free from the vegetable roll, the sound of an engine roared closer, followed by a dazzling beam of headlights shining directly toward them.

The seven people huddled together instinctively raised their hands to shield their eyes or averted their gaze. Shu Shuishui’s eyes were also blinded by the light.

At that moment, a series of screams rang out one after another. When Shu Shuishui opened his eyes again, he had undergone a change of ownership! Looking at the seven people who were overturned on the ground, Shu Shuishui had a feeling as if he were watching an action-packed blockbuster with popcorn, under the condition that he wasn’t rolled up in the vegetable and held by someone.

However… this person’s hand… why was it so good-looking!!! Shu Shuishui suddenly became spirited, and both of his little ears trembled with excitement. He even quietly pulled his little paws out from the slightly loosened vegetable roll, then stealthily extended his paw to touch the hand holding the roll, wearing a satisfied expression on his face.