C126

Cheng Que’s predictions were extremely comprehensive, and his perspective on the issues was notably different from that of others. While others were still in a cloud of uncertainty, cautiously exploring and speculating, Cheng Que seemed to have already witnessed the rise and fall of the entire world. He even suggested that the Canghai Galaxy had captured a segment of high-dimensional civilization during the interstellar war and that it was actually bait.

In a way, this explanation made a lot of sense. Perhaps the Canghai Galaxy didn’t intend for temporal anomalies to occur, but human wars were not something it could prevent. Once temporal anomalies appeared, the Canghai Galaxy couldn’t stop them either. Perhaps, while capturing that segment of high-dimensional civilization’s information, the Canghai Galaxy had already realized that danger was looming.

“With the current technological level of both the Canghai Galaxy and the Xian Ge Galaxy, it’s impossible to surpass and defeat that unknown high-dimensional civilization. The reason is quite simple: the bait released by the high-dimensional civilization will lure and fatten the fish, but it will never allow the fish to consume it. Therefore, the information that was captured has an inherent limit to its technological development. In such a scenario, the Xian Ge Galaxy had no choice but to send a signal urging its inhabitants to flee. Perhaps every dimension has its own limitations, and perhaps this signal wasn’t meant solely for humans, which is why it remained undeciphered for so long.” Cheng Que’s emotions appeared strangely calm, but his statement seemed incredibly real.

Ignoring the somewhat stunned expressions of Gu Langu and Shu Shuishui, Cheng Que continued to analyze the Canghai Galaxy. “Similarly, the Canghai Galaxy is also trying to save itself, but in a slightly different way. Since this insurmountable danger comes from temporal anomalies, they’ve decided to gamble with these temporal anomalies, connecting to as many timelines as possible and absorbing resources they deem valuable. These resources include Shu Shuishui and even the Huanxing Continent which is trapped in the apocalypse. However, it’s evident that the Canghai Galaxy is having trouble digesting the Huanxing Continent. So, although life forms there have undergone varying degrees of mutation, they haven’t successfully embarked on the path of cultivation. Instead, they couldn’t handle this evolution and went mad…”

Gu Langu, for once, was listening very attentively, and Shu Shuishui was also staring at Cheng Que intently. By the time Cheng Que had finished his lengthy explanation, an hour had passed. Outside, the world was already in darkness, with no stars visible in the sky. It had unexpectedly become overcast.

The rainy season on Cang Zhan Star was just like this. Regardless of whether it rained or not, the sun was rarely seen. Overhead, the sky was always shrouded in clouds. Occasionally, a clear sky seemed like a luxurious sapphire, hidden behind layers of clouds and only sparingly revealed to let people see the azure sky and enjoy a brief moment of sunlight.

After Cheng Que finished speaking, there was a long silence in the room. Cheng Que knew that what he had said today was quite astounding, and understanding would take some time. He didn’t rush or try to persuade the two. He simply stood up to take his leave, indicating that he wouldn’t disturb them any longer.

Just as Cheng Que was about to bid farewell, Shu Shuishui suddenly called out, “Xiao Cheng Cheng, bring over the experimental equipment first. I’ll earn the first high-paying reward.”

Cheng Que hesitated for a moment but quickly responded, “Sure! I’ll go get it!” With that, he swiftly left.

Gu Langu, who had just been about to speak and ask for a set as well, opened his mouth but stopped as Cheng Que had already disappeared from the doorway. He remained silent.

It didn’t take long for Cheng Que to return with the experimental equipment. Shu Shuishui had expected something like a heavy helmet, but what he received were two circular magnetic plates that could simply be attached to his temples.