C59

Shu Shui walked over to the wild boar’s carcass. Its two sharp tusks had already been removed by someone, and the rest of its body lay intact on the snowy ground. The blood flowing from the bullet holes on the boar’s body hadn’t yet coagulated, melting the snow beneath it and dyeing it a vivid red.

Walking around the boar with a patter of footsteps, leaving behind a trail of small footprints, Shu Shuishui finally settled on the boar’s tail. The short tail hung limply, and Shu Shuishui walked over, grabbed the tail, hoisted it onto his shoulder, and then exerted force.

The onlookers exchanged puzzled glances. What was he doing?

Initially, Gu Langu thought Shu Shuishui might be using the corpse to vent his fear from earlier. However, watching the mouse-like creature adopt a tug-of-war stance, it was clear he wanted to drag the boar away! This…

“Shui Shui, are you working on your arm strength?” Yu Jin wondered aloud as he watched for a while. The boar remained motionless, and Shu Shuishui was almost turning red with exertion.

Shu Shuishui stopped pulling the boar and scratched his head. “I used to be able to pull things like this, but I’ve never tried dragging such a big boar before.” Despite being a dormouse, Shu Shuishui was also a little sprite. Back in his original world, he had a history of pulling pigs using his spiritual power.

Yu Jin obviously found this hard to believe. Unless in Shu Shuishui’s original world, boars were about the size of chickens, of course, unmutated chickens.

Before Yu Jin could speak, Gu Langu consoled the little dormouse. “Don’t be discouraged, Shui Shui. Both of these boars are mutated, and their size has drastically increased. Even adults might struggle to move them.”

“Should we just leave them here then? There’s so much meat! We could make braised pork, pork in brown sauce, preserved pork, pork ribs, pig’s trotters, pig’s ears, stir-fried intestines…” The little dormouse lamented while counting off mouthwatering dishes on his fingers.

Although Yu Jin also wanted to eat meat, most of the animals and plants on Cang Zhan Star had mutated and were inedible. “We can’t eat this meat. Consuming it can easily make people go insane. Shui Shui, you should stick to eating grasshoppers.”

“I probably guessed that too, but I have an idea. Since energy stones can be purified, then wild boar meat should naturally be possible as well. The reason wild boars mutated is likely due to absorbing the chaotic energy of energy stones.” Shu Shuishui had actually figured out the probable reason when he saw the two car-sized wild boars being abandoned.

Wild boars mutated and went on a rampage due to absorbing the chaotic energy from energy stones. If people were to consume the meat of these boars, they would essentially be ingesting the chaotic energy as well. Over time, this accumulation could potentially cause humans to lose their rationality, becoming overwhelmed by the berserk energy of chaos. It’s likely that some people, in extreme hunger, had eaten mutated animals and plants before, resulting in unfavorable outcomes.

Beside them, Xie Feng’s eyes lit up. “Shui Shui makes a lot of sense! You’re truly my lucky star, Shui Shui. Many have tried before to extract the energy from mutated creatures, but they’ve never succeeded in purifying it. However, you managed to purify the energy stones directly!”

At this, the eyes of the people around started to sparkle, fixated on the two massive piles of wild boar meat. This was not just food; it was also meat!

The people from the other two bases had already finished preparing to leave when they noticed that the people from the Gu Langu Base were falling behind again. A group of them had gathered around the two wild boar carcasses, and they couldn’t figure out what they were up to.