C99

“Gu Langu! With the situation having reached this point today, it’s clearly impossible to just call it quits. Presumably, you can’t tolerate us either. Give us an explanation—do we need to battle?” The group besieging them held the numerical advantage, and this owed much to their shared sense of fear.

Although wary of the recent emergence of the “cannibalism” phenomenon, everyone understood the law of the jungle—weakness was the original sin. And who could guarantee what actions they would take at the critical juncture between life and death? For the sake of survival, there are times when you don’t even recognize yourself.

In this situation, Gu Langu, the most powerful force that no one can contend with, stands out exceptionally. If it truly comes down to having to turn on each other in the end, no one among them could defeat Gu Langu.

Given this, it’s better to strike first. Unite together, eliminate the most troublesome Gu Langu, and the remaining matters can at least remain within their control.

So on this day, the survivors have united in solidarity. Even though most of them detest the act of “cannibalism,” compared to those who practice it, Gu Langu is clearly more formidable. If he were to lose control even for a moment, he could cause a death shrouded in mystery. Everyone in the Canghai Galaxy has heard stories of Gu Langu losing control and obliterating the entire battlefield, regardless of friend or foe. Otherwise, why would he have been exiled to this desolate star?

A rival who can be contested against, versus an uncontrollable and unbeatable adversary—which one is more dangerous? This is a question that doesn’t require contemplation at all.

Tension filled the air in an instant. The individuals prepared to besiege had already taken their attacking stances. They understood that Gu Langu wouldn’t choose to retreat. In this harsh desert, retreat equated to death.

Facing the provocation of the crowd, Gu Langu remained expressionless, seemingly unfazed. He pondered for a moment and then casually stated, “So be it, let’s battle.”

The besieging crowd’s hearts trembled involuntarily; their fear couldn’t be concealed. After all, they were facing Gu Langu, whom even the perfect mechanical beings of the Xian Ge Galaxy couldn’t defeat—a crazed emotionless killing machine, a mechanical being responsible for the slaughter and collapse of an entire galaxy.

In the background, Cheng Que faintly curved his lips, recognizing this as the Gu Langu he knew. Especially after being exiled, many of the iron laws imprinted in Gu Langu’s mind were erased, rendering him even more uncontrollable.

Gu Langu’s pupils were tinged with a hint of azure radiance. He simultaneously took a step forward, intending to swiftly settle the battle and then return to enjoy his rest. However, the next second, he was embraced from behind by Shu Shuishui. Gu Langu’s movement immediately ceased as he lowered his head to look at the hands around his waist.

The besieging crowd’s relief was slight, followed by a sense of embarrassment. They couldn’t deny that in that split second, they had faltered.

Nan Ge and the others also breathed sighs of relief. The situation was still unstable, and making enemies wasn’t wise.

Unfortunately, right after the collective sigh of relief, the crowd heard Shu Shuishui’s serious and clear voice from behind Gu Langu. “I’ll take care of this. Gu Gu, you’re in charge of being exquisitely beautiful.”

The crowd: “…” It’s not what they’re understanding, right?

But it was unfortunate that their understanding was correct—exactly what they were thinking. Shu Shuishui stepped out from behind Gu Langu. His face remained as pure and clean as before, but the words that came out were entirely different from his demeanor. “Although I don’t know why we’re fighting, Gu Gu is still right. Come on, let’s settle this quickly. Gu Gu and I still have to raise our little ones.”