C55

Before Yu Jin could really drive Xie Feng crazy, Nan Ge pulled them apart, and also saw the situation in the car, feeling a bit helpless.

What was even more helpless was that Xie Feng, who, even with his neck being gripped, kept babbling about his discoveries and speculations. He looked like he hadn’t slept all night, with bloodshot eyes and stubble, which added a sense of decadence to his normally refined appearance. However, the sparkle in his eyes successfully wiped away that decadence, giving him a youthful vigor – the essence of youth.

Eventually, the situation settled down after Shu Shuishui reorganized Yu Jin’s wooden frame. Though the sweet potatoes were dug out, Xie Feng knew the importance of food and didn’t take the sweet potato seedlings out of the wooden frame’s range. Therefore, Shu Shuishui only needed to bury the sweet potatoes again.

After they set off, Shu Shuishui was allocated a camper van, which was even larger and more comfortable than the one Xie Feng brought.

With no subject for Xie Feng to study and no response from Yu Jin, he sulkily pestered Shu Shuishui and moved some of his equipment into his camper van, observing him build the micro-farm.

The dedicated driver originally prepared for Shu Shuishui was replaced by Gu Langu, who meekly drove the car that was originally meant for Gu Langu. Gu Langu took charge of the camper van.

Inside the spacious camper van were stacked high wooden frames, which seemed to have been mass-produced, coming in three sizes: large, medium, and small. The largest one could cover a whole bed, the medium one was suitable for a balcony, and the small one looked like a rectangular flower pot.

Shu Shuishui designed different formations for each wooden frame according to their sizes, aiming to maximize the use of spiritual stones. He was not stingy in using whole pieces of spiritual stones. If all went well, one wooden frame could last three to six months, making it almost a magical tool to get through the winter.

The exchanged energy stones were of the highest quality, as no one dared to withhold anything with Nan Ge and Gu Langu present.

Shu Shuishui didn’t have time to calculate precisely, but there were at least three to five hundred stones. Once purified, they would become over three hundred top-grade spiritual stones. He felt like he had become rich overnight and that he could now earn money to support his family.

Thanks to his first bucket of gold, Shu Shuishui was especially serious about constructing one micro-farm after another. Sometimes, he would even plant a flower seed in a corner that wouldn’t affect the crops, so that a small flower would bloom, serving as decoration.

Shu Shuishui was very happy, singing “Seaweed, Seaweed, Seaweed~” while busy with his work.

Gu Langu, who was driving, was once again brainwashed by the song, but watching Shu Shuishui so busy, he wouldn’t deprive the little mouse of the joy of singing. Thus, even Xie Feng, who could ignore being choked by Yu Jin, eventually stopped his activities after two hours of brainwashing with “Seaweed” and fell asleep on the table with a thud.

Shu Shuishui was startled by the sound and jumped in place. Turning around, he found that Xie Feng had been hypnotized by the endless “Seaweed”. The little dormouse’s singing paused for a moment and then changed to a gentle lullaby. He even momentarily put down his work, found a blanket in the camper van, and covered Xie Feng’s shoulder with it.

Xie Feng’s eyelashes trembled, but perhaps he was too tired or the lullaby was truly soothing because he didn’t wake up.

Gradually, Shu Shuishui stopped singing and quietly cultivated the fields. His little paws were light as they dug the soil. In the morning, he completed the construction of fourteen farms before walking up to Gu Langu, asking quietly, “Gu Gu, what do you want to eat for lunch? How about a grasshopper? Today, we can indulge a bit.”