C80

The days that followed were comfortable for Shu Shuishui. With Gu Langu by his side, even the longest waits weren’t boring anymore. And even though Gu Langu had turned into a big cat and lost his dexterous hands, it was now covered in soft fur.

However, compared to a dormouse, the big cat seemed to shed a bit. Shu Shuishui often used a small brush to groom Gu Langu’s fur.

The big cat would also frequently twist its neck to groom itself, causing Shu Shuishui, who was sleeping on the big cat, to be licked from feet to head several times. Shu Shuishui, half asleep, would often end up rolled up in circles due to the licking, then wake up with a sigh, declining the big cat’s enthusiastic service.

During such moments, Shu Shuishui would be absolutely sure that Gu Langu had lost a significant portion of its memories. At least, the Gu Gu he knew might be fond of acting cute, but it would never engage in such grooming behavior and do so tirelessly.

Although Shu Shuishui rejected the idea of being licked all over with saliva, he was still very curious about the big cat’s tongue. The cat’s tongue was a bit rough, feeling like sandpaper when touched. It was bright red, and it felt quite peculiar overall.

The obedient big cat lay down on the floor, mouth wide open, its tongue stretched out long. In front of it sat a warm brown dormouse, gripping the big cat’s tongue and studying it intently. At times, the dormouse would pinch it with its small paw or pat it gently.

Despite drooling due to the tongue-out motion, the big cat remained still, allowing Shu Shuishui to study its tongue.

“What are they doing?” Li Meng looked at the cat and mouse on the floor, deeply puzzled.

Wu Lan discreetly turned his head, refusing to admit that the cat about to drool was the one he raised. Previously, it was a majestic cat that even scared off the dogs in the neighborhood. How did its image suddenly change like this?

But speaking of which, Wu Lan didn’t expect Li Meng’s pet to be named Shu Shuishui, full name and all. Even the name had a sense of ceremony.

After several visits, Wu Lan had become accustomed to Shu Shuishui’s astonishing behaviors. Plus, ever since meeting Shu Shuishui, his own cat had been acting increasingly unusual, like the behavior of letting the mouse examine its tongue today.

Due to mobility issues, Li Meng sat in slippers on a chair, holding a silver-white camera. As a food blogger, the camera was one of Li Meng’s tools for capturing meals. These days, the camera was practically an extension of his hand.

From a distance, the high-definition camera captured the interaction between the cat and the mouse on the floor clearly. The little mouse was meticulously inspecting the big cat’s tongue, pulling and prodding it, occasionally pinching it, then looking up to gauge the big cat’s reaction.

Because of its open mouth, the big cat couldn’t even manage a meow and just gazed at the mouse affectionately. The mouse continued to examine the tongue with its head down.

In the frame, the big cat began to drool, and the little mouse finally squeaked, seemingly having discovered something. It extended its pointed paw and tried to get its head as close as possible to the base of the big cat’s tongue. This also caused the mouse’s head to approach the big cat’s wide-open mouth.

Finally, with the aid of the bright sunlight, the warm brown little creature, using its tiny paw like a pair of tweezers, precisely pulled out a small fish bone from the base of the big cat’s tongue.

The sharp, tiny fishbone even glimmered slightly in the sunlight, easily caught by the camera lens.

Wu Lan was dumbfounded. So, his cat got pricked by a fish bone while eating just now, and instead of calling him, the cat sought help from a mouse? That’s why there was the scene of the mouse examining the big cat’s tongue just now.