C88

After a brief moment of weightlessness, Shu Shuishui’s vision became clear again. He was standing on a path of smooth and cool rounded pebbles, varying in size. Shu Shuishui lowered his gaze and curled his toes, finding the sensation quite uncomfortable. He wasn’t used to this; back when he still had paws, he wouldn’t have experienced such a strong sensation underfoot, even if he stood on a blade’s edge.

Looking around, Shu Shuishui’s attention was drawn to a half-person-high bluestone nearby. Although the stone was sizable, it was as polished and smooth as the pebbles beneath his feet.

Quickly, Shu Shuishui tiptoed a few steps and then leaped onto the bluestone. He landed with both feet on the stone’s surface and then squatted, reminiscent of his former dormouse form, motionless.

After a moment, Shu Shuishui seemed to realize and transitioned from a squat to a sitting position. His feet rested on the smooth stone, his legs stretched out, and his toes barely touched the ground. Shu Shuishui blinked his eyes and examined his legs, momentarily ignoring the surroundings.

“Legs are good legs,” Shu Shuishui could only conclude. From shape to proportion to thickness, he was quite satisfied. However, there was just one thing – it seemed like these weren’t 1.8-meter legs! They were missing a tiny bit!

This realization hit him like a bolt from the blue. For Shu Shuishui, among the few friends he had in his dormouse life, Shu Bao was 1.83 meters tall, Gu Langu was 1.87 meters, and even Yu Jin and Nan Ge were over 1.8 meters. As for Xie Feng and Nan Fang, these two humans were already close to 1.8 meters, and humans were a magical race that could grow taller at any time, unlike himself, who was fixed in form!

So, after all the calculations, there was a significant possibility that he might become the shortest among them! No 1.8 meters! No long legs! Shu Shuishui froze on the stone.

How could this be!

These four words resounded heavily in his mind. Shu Shuishui felt ashamed of the mouse clan, even more so of the dormice. It’s said that good sleep quality could lead to growth, but why didn’t it work for him?

Deeply struck, Shu Shuishui remained in a daze for a long time, until the distant sound of rocks shattering and rumbling, accompanied by the ground’s trembling, snapped him back to his senses.

He lifted his head and looked ahead. In front of him was a pool of water, its surface covered in watery veils that danced with the wind, gathering and dispersing. On the other side of the pool, lay a forest of lush greenery. Mountain ranges soared into the sky, seeming to erect a barrier around the cold pool. The vegetation on the mountains was rich and abundant, with pine and cypress trees growing densely, as if cradling the clouds and mist between them.

The mountains were devoid of water, yet the mist was clear, obscurely shrouding the specific situation of the incident. Even though Shu Shuishui’s five senses were sharp, he couldn’t make out exactly what had happened.

Shu Shuishui stood up from the round stone, instinctively tiptoeing to observe. The surrounding scenery was beautiful, tinged with a hint of untamed wilderness. The growth of plants was imbued with a touch of wildness.

In the forest and mountains around, the occasional calls of birds and beasts could be heard. All of this gave Shu Shuishui the sensation of being in a primitive jungle, and even on Earth, the Amazon rainforest didn’t possess this level of majesty and purity.

Especially for Shu Shuishui, who had traveled in the black-and-white world for over a month, the intense colors before him were overwhelming, causing a sense of being overwhelmed.

Shu Shuishui rubbed his feet together, and the sensation of his feet told him once again that he was human now. The cold feeling on his legs also reminded him that he needed to wear pants as a human!