C32

Liu Du fell heavily to the ground, immediately spitting out blood. It was evident that his internal organs had been impacted. However, at this moment, he couldn’t care about these injuries.

Suddenly, Liu Du remembered the advice Cheng Que gave him before leaving the base: “If you encounter Gu Langu, don’t say anything, don’t do anything, just retreat unconditionally.”

Combined with the recent mockery from Yu Jin, Liu Du only needed a moment to ponder and instantly felt his heartbeat disappear at seven millionths the speed of light. Was it true? The maximum speed of Gu Langu, a speed that humans couldn’t possibly reach. Yes, the being in front of him was not human!

Liu Du had never understood the terrifying aspect of a perfect semi-mechanical being like he did at this moment. He had never realized so clearly that Gu Langu, who single-handedly fought the entire Xian Ge galaxy and carried the burden of interstellar warfare, was so frightening.

undefinedIt was no wonder that after the end of the interstellar war, so many factions, including the Gu family themselves, were eager to eliminate Gu Langu. Liu Du understood now that it was because everyone feared him—a powerful monster that couldn’t be matched!

Indeed, seven millionths the speed of light was the maximum speed Gu Langu could achieve. However, that was only a theoretical data when creating Gu Langu and had not been achieved in reality. The Gu Langu on the Cang Zhan Star was even less likely to reach that level, but evading bullets was still effortless.

But in this situation, Liu Du was obviously frightened. So when Gu Langu took the first step towards him, a translucent golden protective shield with a diameter of more than ten meters instantly expanded around Liu Du!

Stellar technology! Gu Langu halted his footsteps. Yu Jin also clicked his tongue. Clearly, this was a life-saving measure, a reward obtained from completing the mission within the simulator, far surpassing the technological level that could be achieved on the Cang Zhan Star.

However, once this transparent shield appeared, it meant that Liu Du had surrendered. Yu Jin’s gaze shifted toward the simulator, and his face turned dark.

The simulator was actually enveloped within Liu Du’s protective shield! Whether it was by chance or if Liu Du had planned it from the beginning, the shield’s activation perfectly covered the position of the simulator.

The confrontation between the two sides, who were initially full of fighting spirit, came to an abrupt end. Apart from Gu Langu and Liu Du, no one else had even moved a step. The war ended like a joke.

Everyone’s expression in the field turned sour. It goes without saying for Team B, who couldn’t have imagined losing like this, or rather, they weren’t even worthy of being considered as losers. The difference in strength between the two sides was too great to measure in terms of victory or defeat. Although the protective shield temporarily saved them, any energy-consuming equipment would eventually run out of power, and who knew if Gu Langu would be waiting outside.

As for Gu Langu’s team, Gu Langu remained expressionless as always, as if he hadn’t just performed an inhuman act. As for the simulator, it was not cute like a dormouse, so he had no interest in guarding it outside. It would be a waste of time. If he had that time, he would rather return to the base earlier and play with his furry dumpling.

As for Yu Jin and the other eight people, Yu Jin was irritated by the simulator, and the remaining eight were stunned by Gu Langu’s actions. They had planned to go to Zone B, but now… it was hard to describe their situation. They were in an extremely awkward position.

Although Gu Langu was strong, due to the limitations of resources on the Cang Zhan star, he couldn’t obtain extraterrestrial supplies, and most likely, he couldn’t unleash his full strength.