3 ~ A Night Alone

15K votes ❤️

Suman POV

"Come inside,"

He said and I could feel my heart pounding loudly in my chest. I took my step forward behind him slowly entering the dark cottage. It was turning darker than before and I was feeling nervous and scared.

"What is this place?"

I tried to ask in a slow voice and he replied slowly.

"You do not need to know,"

I lowered my gaze to look at the dirt touching my bellies. It felt dark and scary. There was a strange warmness inside this cottage and I could feel that no one had ever visited here in years. From the dim light coming from the small hollow in the wall, I noticed the dry leaves, dry grasses and a small trunk kept in the corner.

There were a few earthen pots too with the mud stove. It seems like someone used to stay in this cottage.

He walked forward to the trunk and I was feeling insanely scared.

I was all alone with him, having no clue about my whereabouts and something had happened between them that was making me even more nervous.

I did not know how would I face him again in the Kingdom. And, Nandani, she would throw the arrows of questions and questions on me.

"Here,"

His voice caught my attention and I looked at him handing me over a pair of clothes. They seemed unused and I did not dare to ask who they belong to.

I forwarded my hand and took them from him and muttered.

"Thank you,"

"You cannot go back to Kingdom wearing these. Bhabhisa will get worried and I do not want to tense her in that condition. She is already suffering and knowing about what happened might affect her health,"

He said and I nodded and gulped silently.

Well, his Bhabhisa was not just his Bhabhisa but my close friend too. She was the queen of Suryagarh and still had no arrogance for anyone. She had always considered me best friend and she was currently sick with her pregnancy. That's why I did not tell her everything.

"I know, Kunwarsa, and do not worry. I will never tell anyone about what happened. I know you did that to protect me and I cannot even consider myself in as you wif... I mean in that position in my dreams. Everyone is so happy about your wedding and they should never know about this. I hope we both will forget this day and continue our life like it was,"

I said with broken voice and the tears rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably.

"And, thank you so much for saving me. I do not know how will I be able to repay your debt in this life. You did not even think about yourself before doing that. I am no one to you, I do not mean anything, we have not even talked for once but still you came to save me. I will just pray to God that you get everything in this world, whatever you ask for,"

I said with the trembling voice and suddenly he placed his hand on my head and caressed gently.

"It's okay. I just cannot see any woman suffer that and try to forget that as a bad memory. I cannot bring your husband back but time will heal everything,"

He said and I chuckled all of sudden. More tears fell from my eyes and I shook my head.

"Even if you could bring my husband back, I would have never wanted,"

I said in the slow voice and nodded.

"I should change,"

I said and he took his hand back slowly and said.