47 ~ No Commitment Kiss

15K Votes ❤️

Suman POV

"I mean, what if you saved another woman, not me? Would you fall for her? Would you expect her to accept you, too, as a husband? Would you want to spend your life too?"

My voice came out slow as I asked him. My heart was feeling heavy right at that moment, but it was better than before. The silence felt soothing between us, and I stared at his face silently.

"Maybe," He replied, and I looked at my fingers moving in his curly hair. He closed his eyes and muttered in a slow voice.

"I understand you, Suman. I know what you are feeling, and you did not hurt me," he said in a slow voice, and I inhaled deeply, feeling a weighted pang in my chest all of a sudden.

I lowered my gaze, and I sucked on my lips before asking.

"What happens now?"

He inhaled sharply, adjusted his head into my lap, and muttered slowly.

"Nothing, just be yourself and happy,"

He said, and I smiled a little. I did not know, but it felt peaceful suddenly after the storm of chaos, and I tried to ask in a slow voice.

"But, I hurt you,"

He shook his head, smiled, lifted his gaze a little at me, and said.

"Bass ek tum hi to ho jo dard bhi degi to dawa jesa lagega. Fir dukh kesa?"

His words made me feel different, and I could not help but lower my hand to his cheeks and feather it gently.

"Hum aapse nafrat nahi karte,"

"I do not hate you,"

He smiled widely and nodded.

"Kar bhi nahi paogi,"

"You will not be able to either,"

And, suddenly, he inhaled deeper and looked up at me.

"But, do not sympathise with me. I do not need that," he added, and I gulped silently, unable to say anything.

He closed his eyes, and I continued massaging his head gently. I did not know, but I had a bad feeling about everything. It was not the thing he said but about something else. I did not know, but somewhere, I had seen this coming.

I mean, the way he got upset and tried to push me away from him initially, I knew something was dark about him.

But, he was not like other men. He was there for me, not just for saving but even after that, when I needed him.

I went to his chamber the other day, and he said nothing. He understood that I just needed some silence and his company. I did not know, but I know I was hurt because of him, and right now, only he was making me feel good.

It was like he had become my comfort after that incident. It was like nothing could go wrong when I was with him.

"Tell me, Suman," He spoke suddenly in a slow voice, and I blinked nervously before asking.

"What?"

He held my hand with his bandaged one and kissed my fingers before saying.

"Everything that is bothering you,"

His voice became stronger and more peaceful this time, and I smiled.

"I do not know, Kunwarsa," I began and held his fingers tightly in my hand, continuing.

"I am feeling terrified," I muttered slowly.

He smiled and replied.

"That's okay. It's not like you hear that kind of thing every day,"