𝙷𝚞𝚜𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍

V I H A N N A

I slept well last night. Ayaan's sister gave me her one of the outfits to wear. I was really happy that she's such a friendly person to be with.

Everyone gathered at the dining table for breakfast, and this time, even Dadi joined. I felt a bit uneasy in front of her after what happened. She still gave me a disappointed look. She must be thinking why I'm still here.

"Bhai, tu yaha kyu betha hua haii. Tu breakfast nahi karta kabhi. Such a rare occasion." Vedika sat and taunted her brother.

(Brother, why are you sitting here? You don't do breakfast.)

"Tu chup bethh." He said, quite irritated, as his sister pointed out things about him not eating breakfast quite often.

(You sit quietly.)

During breakfast, Dadi said something that made everyone choke on their food. "Devika is coming today. She will be here later."

"Par kyu?" Vedika voiced out.

(But why?)

"Kyaa kyu? Tumhari bua hai respect do. Ayaan ke shaddi hai, wohh nahi aayegi toh kese hoga?" I was wondering who Devika is. It turned out to be their bua. I was confused why Vedika reacted in that way when her dadi mentioned about her bua arrival.

(What why? She is your sister, Give respect. It's the marriage of Ayan, if she won't come then what?)

Just as she finished speaking, the doorbell rang. Aunt opened the door, revealing a feminine figure standing there. I was curious about who it was until Dadi decided to stand up from her seat and greet the lady.

"My daughter is finally here, I miss you so much." She was the Bua, Dadi was talking about. Her gaze fell onto me, and I could tell she must be like her mom, the way she was giving me those looks. For respect, I greeted her with a Namaste, joining my hands. She smiled, not the gentle kind, but a mocking one.

Ayaan's Dadi was happy upon seeing her daughter here, but it seemed like she was the only one happy. Everyone else had a long face seeing her here.

Vedika hurried to her room after a quick namaste. His cousins left the house hastily, and none of them seemed to have enjoyed their breakfast. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on.

Ayaan's Bua joined us directly at the dining table where only Mom, Dad, Aunt, Ayaan, and I were present.

"What did you see in her to make her your bahu, Bhaii? I had recommended you about my friend daughter but never mind." She mentioned to her brother.

"Suna tha bahu lawyer haii. dekh lena Bhabi bohot jaban chalayegi yee." She chuckled while playfully sharing.

(I heard that daughter in law is lawyer. I'm telling she will talk a lot."

While her previous words didn't bother me, the suggestion that I might speak shamelessly to elders struck a nerve.

"I might have a job as a lawyer, where I'll need to articulate my thoughts, but I always maintain respect when communicating with elders." I brought it up on my own, but the expression she gave me made me wish I hadn't spoken at all.

"Dekh lo, abhi sadi Nahi hui hai tho Esse bat Kar rahi hai. Pata Nahi sadi ke bad hum sab kya halat Hoga. Mene Kaha tha na bohot jaban larayegi apsee, Bhabhi."

(See, the marriage hasn't happened yet, and she is talking like that. I don't know what will happen to us after marriage. I said she will talk a lot.)

"You might be the only daughter of Sharma and my only bua. But I won't tolerate any disrespect towards my soon-to-be wife. And about talking, at least she has better things to say than you. Now if you excuse us, we may leave."

He spoke, rising from his seat. I glanced at maa for approval; she nodded, granting me permission. Accepting Ayaan's outstretched hand, I stood up and we left the house.

Ayaan consistently standing up for me when someone taunts me means a great deal, and I truly appreciate it.

He always opens the car door for me, just like those ideal book boyfriends. It's a gesture I cherish every time.

I requested him to drop me off at my grandma's house instead of my parents', as I planned to take them shopping since mom hadn't invited them along before.

He didn't say much, and neither did I, but as I was about to exit the car, he asked...
"What's your plan for today? Are you coming to the office?"

"I will be taking dadu and dadi to shopping. They didn't join us last time." After contemplating for a moment, he responded, and for a brief moment, I almost thought he might join us for the shopping.

"I will send you a driver." He spoke, and with that, we bid each other farewell.

November arrived quicker than I anticipated, and the approaching date made me increasingly nervous.

The week passed with shopping and occasional hangouts with Vedika. Although I spent time with Vedika, Ayaan and I haven't had a face-to-face conversation since our last dinner in his relative house, but he wishes me good morning or night messages.

On the bright side, Vedika and I have built a strong relationship over this period. I have always dreamt of having a friendly sister and I am damn happy I got her.

I am sure I wouldn't be this happy if this marriage would have fixed with the Verma. But I got a friendly sister, supportive family (except bua and dadi) and the husband who defends me whenever someone offends me.
I haven't been married yet and calling him my husband.

A U T H O R
I short of things to add on this chapter so a small chapter for you all.
Don't forget to vote and give your honest reviews.
You can follow me on Instagram (id- lesyeuxde_novella)