𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

V I H A N N A

Waking up to find no one beside me, I glanced at the time and realized it was almost 9

Waking up to find no one beside me, I glanced at the time and realized it was almost 9. Panic set in-on the first day of my marriage, waking up this late felt like a mishap. The looming thought of what my in-laws might say added a sense of urgency to the morning.

Hastily waking up, I realized that the tiredness from the previous day had dissipated. Yesterday, as my head hit the pillow, I had fallen into a deep sleep within seconds. Now, with the fatigue seemingly lifted, I felt relieved and ready to face the day.

I wondered where he had gone, but then again, being a top businessman, he probably had the habit of waking up early.

Entering the bathroom and connected walk-in closet. The changes were evident-him arranging his clothes and leaving space for mine. I couldn't help but appreciate the thoughtful gesture, a small yet meaningful detail that spoke volumes about his consideration.

I quickly took a bath, determined not to further tarnish my reputation by waking up late on the first day.

As I stepped out of the bathroom, the connecting door to our room opened simultaneously, revealing Ayaan.

The situation became embarrassingly awkward, especially because I was in a bathrobe. My face turned red, and I could feel the heat of embarrassment rising within me.

Just like a gentleman , Ayaan quickly left, closing the door behind him while muttering a quick apology.

Caught in a moment of zoning out, the timing couldn't have been worse, and I found myself in a somewhat awkward situation.

Wearing a saree is a traditional attire, but I found myself in a dilemma as I had no idea how to drape it. I couldn't just step outside just in my blouse and skirt. But I had no other choice.

Peeking my head outside the door, I saw him sitting on the bed, engrossed in his phone. Despite the embarrassment from the earlier incident, I mustered the courage to ask him for help, momentarily putting the awkwardness aside.

"Mr. Sharma. Kyaa aap Maa ko bulaa sakte hai? yaa fir Vedika ko? Mujhe saree banani nahi aatii."

(Can you call Mom? Or Vedika? I don't know how to drape saree."

He looked up, giving a quick nod before stepping out, only to return shortly and disappoint me with a regretful expression.

"Maa isn't downstairs and the worker said that they went to Mandir(Temple) in the early morning and haven't returned yet."

Contemplating what to do with the saree, I locked eyes with him, sensing his hesitancy.

"I can... help. If you don't mind." His nervousness manifested as he absentmindedly ran a hand through his hair, a telltale sign of his unease.

"You know how to drape a saree?" 

"Yes, i do. I used to help Maa to drape her saree. I don't know it perfectly but a video or two of draping saree can be easily found in internet, which can help. I'm a quick learner."