𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔

Ayaan

I draped her saree, and I couldn't thank Mom enough for pushing me to learn how to do it

I draped her saree, and I couldn't thank Mom enough for pushing me to learn how to do it. It was nerve-wracking, but I felt incredibly lucky. I secretly hoped she never learns to drape a saree so that I could always be the one to do it for her.

She looked stunning in the saree that I helped her drape. Honestly, she looks so beautiful that I could say it every damn day, and it might just frustrate the readers.

She made kheer as a sweet for her first Rasoi. Honestly, it tasted so good that I could eat it for a lifetime. However, she included almonds, to which she is allergic.

I wished she had chosen something she could enjoy with us.

Witnessing her allergic reaction once was enough for me, and I didn't want to experience it again. The mere thought made my heart clench, feeling like I needed to be admitted in the hospital rather than her.

With the entire day consumed by various rituals keeping both of us occupied, a new day emerges.

Just like yesterday, she didn't wake up until 7. It seems like she's not a morning person. I don't complain; as long as she sleeps peacefully, that's all that matters.

Mom doesn't complain either, and if anyone else does, I'll make sure they don't.

When I came out from the bathroom after washing up, I heard a knock on my door. It was Mom. She asked us to go to the mandir.

I got focused on my work after that, and at exactly 7:30, she woke up from her beauty sleep. I might be acting a bit crazy, but she looked so freaking cute that my heart skipped a beat.

She did that little exercise thing, flexing her hands and opening her eyes. I was working at the front of the bed on the sofa, and her eyes went straight to me.

"Morning?"

"Good morning."

She was still in her dreamland and looked so adorable. She wasn't even sure if it's okay to say "morning." When she greeted me, it almost sounded like a question.

I again got busy with my work on the laptop. After a while, she peeked her head outside the door. The way she looked at me told me she needed my help to drape her saree.

"Are you busy?" 

"No. Come here." I put my laptop and files aside, and she came towards me, looking almost hesitant.

"I will quickly learn to drape saree so I won't have to trouble you every time I need to wear it." She said, and I clearly didn't want her to learn to do it. I wanted to be the one doing it for her every single day.

"I rather appreciate you not learning how to drape it." She looked stunned, and I hadn't said anything that should have surprised her this much.