01|Prank

"Kisi ko ghar mein kuch kaam hai nahi saara din mujhe hi daante rahenge" A young girl was murmuring while keeping her books on her study table which was filled with pens and books kept neatly.
Notes were sticking on the wall near her study table.

Her room was huge and beautiful with lavender painted walls and eye catching art pieces with some of her and her family photographs hanging.
The Mehra mansion was the largest one in the whole city with a beautiful large garden filled with lots of flowers,fountains, trees at the entrance followed by a huge hall and twenty-four rooms along with gym and theatre hall. Despite the spacious mansion the four siblings will always be found together in one room hanging on to each other.
This was how their bond was!!

"Gauri" Her eldest brother called her as he stepped into her room with a frown on his face.

"Jaiyye bhaiya I don't want to talk to you" she started writing on her notebook to avoid him.

"Wow! Pehle galti Karo aur fir khud hi gussa hojao!" Karan said earning a glare from him.

"Maine galti nahi ki hai!" She spoke angrily.

"Excuse me! Agar tumne galti nhi ki to kya meri study ke bahaar paani maine hi giraya tha" He asked while folding his arms on his chest and sitting on the bed beside her table.

Gauri smiled nervously. She was doing a prank on her brother but instead of him their housemaid fell and twisted her feet.
Gauri was feeling bad.She didn't want to hurt anyone she was just doing a little prank on her brother to annoy him but it didn't well.
Due to this she got scolded by everyone in the house few minutes back and hence she was angry.

"Kya pata bhaiya aapne hi giraya ho" She looked at him and said.
Karan held her ear and gave it a painful twist.

"Acha beta maine giraya tha paani? Batau tumhe abhi mai" He asked twisting her ear more.

"Ahh! Bhaiya chodo!" She cried out in pain.

"First confess what you did" He said sternly still holding her ear tightly.

"I-ahh I spilled water outside your study just to annoy you. Sorry bhaiya" She spoke in one go and Karan left her ear.

He glared at her with a stern expression on his face.

"Do you have any idea how could have it ended? The maid could have injured her back badly but you little brat just keep on creating troubles" He spoke strictly.

"It was for you not the maid" She said meekly.

He sighed angrily and glared at her dangerously.

"Bilkul sharam nhi hai na beta? Respect,dar sab khatam?" He spoke dangerously looking straight into her eyes.

She gulped and regretted her every action.

"Nahi,nahi sorry bhaiya sorry. This won't ever happen again. I had no idea this would end like this. Sorry" She said honestly.

"I will make sure this never happens again" He said sternly making her eyes widened in fear.

"I am really sorry bhaiya! Please dont punish me. Mai to aapki pyaari si choti behen hu na how can you do this to me" She pleaded with her puppy eyes.

He sighed. Every time she gets in trouble she tries to melt him with her antics.

"Choti behen should know the line between pranks and respect" He spoke ignoring her eyes.

"Bhaiyaaa" She whinned like a kid.

"What? You did a mistake and now you deserve to be punished Ms.Mehra. I don't want you to prank elders like this and get them in danger."

"Sorry na bhaiya. Dubara nhi karungi" She whined for the nth time.

"If I hear one more word from your mouth I will ask Arun to punish you" He spoke in no nonsense tone.

"No noo noo. I am fine with you" She spoke scared. She hates getting in trouble with Arun as he is always up with his innovative punishments which she hates from the core of her heart.

Karan smiled a bit and then again changed his expression to a strict one.

"Go stand in the corner and-

Gauri interruped him and said
"Not that stupid corner bhaiya. I am 17 not 7"

"Interrupting me huh?" He spoke strictly raising his eyebrows. This girl has some serious guts to interrupt him he thought.

"Whether you are seven or seventeen you will obey what I ask you to do. Clear?" He asked dangerously.

"Crystal clear" She gulped.

"Good. Now stand up" he ordered and she stood up from her chair.

Hello everyone!
This is the first chapter of this book and I hope you all will like it.

Are you excited for the next chapter?

Do you like the characters?

Apologies for errors.
Thankyou! Take care!