09|Consequences

After two hours Karan headed home.
Arun,Dheeraj and Gauri also reached home and Jai was awake and ready.

After changing their clothes all came downstairs and saw Karan sitting on the sofa with an angry expression on his face.

"Bhaiya aaj aap itni jaldi kaise aagaye" Arun asked.

"Kisi ki shaamat lagani hai mujhe aaj" He said angrily and glared at Jai.

"Matlab" Arun asked confused.

"Ye raat ko sneak out karke party mein gaya tha" He pointed towards Jai and said angrily.

Jai looked at him shocked.Arun glared at Jai furiously.

"Mana Kia tha na tumhe jaane se fir kyu gaye" Arun said looking at him sharply.

"Vohh bhaiya mai-

"Khaana khao aur uske baad study mein aao" Karan said angrily cutting off Jai and went upstairs.

Jai nodded and all sat for lunch. After lunch Jai was standing outside the study and thinking whether to go inside or not.

"Gauri ko bulakar lao" A sound came in from the study.

Jai went from there to Gauri's room.

"Bhaiya ne bulaya hai tujhe" He said.

"Mujhe bhi fasa diya na aapne" She said crying.

"Sorry yaar mujhe nahi pata tha bhaiya ko pata chal jaega"He said sadly.

"Chalo"Gauri said and they stood outside the study.

Suddenly door opened.

"Invitation du andar aane ka?" Karan asked strictly.

"Nahi bhaiya sorry" They both said and got in.

Karan closed the door of study and walked to his seat. He sat in front of his siblings.

"Tumhe abhi Arun ne punishment di thi na jhoot bolne ke liye tumne firse jhoot bola" Karan said to Gauri.

"Bhaiya maine kaha jhoot bola vo to bhai ne bola" She said quickly.

"Par tumne sach bhi nahi bataya" He said.

"Sorry" She muttered.

"Go and stand outside the study raising your hands until I deal with you dear brother"He said strictly.

"Bhaiya study ke bahar kyu yahi dedo na punishment"She whined.

He took out a wooden stick from below the table.

"Ye milega chaiye?" He asked her angrily.

She ran outside and stood there raising her hands.

"Itna zaruri tha party mein jaana ki na meri baat maani na Arun ki?" Karan said disappointed.

"Bhaiya maine socha ki aisi parties baar baar nahi aati isliye mai miss karna nahi chahta tha"Jai said looking down.

"Listen kid. Mujhe koi problem nahi hai tumhare parties mein jaane se but their should be a limit. I cannot allow you to attend late night parties because I don't believe they are safe. Drinking smoking and what not is there. What if someone mixes something in your drink and you get out of control?I have no problem if you go to parties that end at maximum 12 am.
Plus I very well know how much of a kid you still are. You still aren't mature enough.I cannot risk sending you alone like this until you get some peace of mind.I care about your safety that's the reason I said no" Karan said sighing.

Jai now understood his mistake. He was thinking his brothers had the habit of denying him every time but now he understood their concern.

He knew his bhaiya was right when he said that he isn't still mature because he easily gets trapped by others. He remembers once when a friend approached him and forced him to smoke he almost gave in but Manav came at the last moment and threw the cigarette away.