38|Furious

Karan walked and first turned off the stove angrily. He then walked towards his sister furiously.

"Bha..bhaiya"Gauri stammered.

"Shut up"He yelled harshly and she flinched. She started sobbing.

His hand shoot up to slap her but he controlled himself. He didn't  want to slap her in anger and then regret afterwards.

He grabbed her ear in a tight grip and started dragging her upstairs.

"Bhaiya please nahi"Gauri said crying.

He dragged her to the study and closed the door after entering.

"Stand in the corner"He commanded harshly.

"Bhaiya please sorry"She said sobbing.

"I am not in a state to deal with you right now. Do as I say!"He yelled furiously.

She scurried off to the corner and stood there.

"Face the wall"He ordered firmly and she obeyed without a word.

Karan sighed angrily. He was trying to calm down his anger. He could hear the little sobs from the corner but he decided to ignore them. As she was injured he couldn't even think of punishing her physically.

He closed his eyes and leaned over his chair to get some peace of mind.

After half an hour he looked up to his sister who was still standing but her sobs had stopped.

"Come here"He commanded firmly.

She turned around and took little steps towards him and stood in front of him.

"Are you really out of your mind?"He yelled harshly.

Tears made their way out of her eyes
at his harsh voice. She didn't dare to even look at him.

"Look at me"He growled.

She immediately looked up with her glossy eyes.

"What were you trying to do?"He asked sternly.

She felt her tounge tied.

"Answer"He yelled.

"I..I..wanted to cook"She said while tears rushed out from her eyes.

"You wanted to what?"He yelled furiously getting up from his chair.

"Bhaiya please I am sorry"She pleaded taking back steps.

"You dare take a step back and then see what I do"Karan said darkly and Gauri stood frozen at her spot.

She started crying hysterically. It was her first time getting treated so harshly by her eldest brother.

"Stop crying"He said angrily.

She could not. She was not able to stop herself from crying. Karan sighed and walked towards her. He gently pulled her in his embrace and started wiping her tears. No matter how angry he was he couldn't scold her in this situation.

After a while she stopped crying and Karan made her drink water.

"Sorry bhaiya"Gauri said looking down.

"And why are you sorry?"The firm edge in his voice was back.

"I shouldn't have done this"Gauri repiled.

"Done what?"Karan asked sarcastically.

"Bhaiya"She pleaded with puppy eyes.

He gave her a firm look and made her stand in front of him.

"You know what Gauri,you really does not care about any of us. You don't realise how much you mean to us and how much we love you. Tumhe thora sa kuch hojata hai to ghar mein sabki rooh kaanp jaati hai. But here you are. This is the second time you did this. Last time I was not so angry on you when you got fever due to overwork. But this time you without even thinking put your life on stake. Just like that? You scared the shit out of me today. Tumhe vha kitchen mein aise dekhke I freaked out. It's just that you neither care about yourself nor our emotions"Karan's voice held so many emotions but he finished off harshly.

Gauri started crying again listening to him.

"Bhaiya aisa nahi hai. I care about you all so much and I know how much you all love me"She said sobbing.

"No you don't! And ye sahi hai tumhara pehle galti karo fir rone lag jao"He said angrily.

She wiped her tears and looked at him.

"I clearly asked you to stay in your room. If you needed anything you could call anyone but no! You chose to disobey me!! And in addition to that you tried cooking which you very strictly denied to. How could you even think of cooking when your hand was injured!!"He yelled furiously in anger.

"Sorry"She muttered looking down.

"Sorry?Firse sorry? Meri baatein to tumhe sirf bhashan lag rahi hai na is time par!"He said darkly.

"Nahi bhaiya nahi I am genuinely feeling very guilty right now. Mujhe aisa nahi karna chaiye tha"She said looking down with her little tears still present in her eyes.

"You are guilty right now just because I scolded you. And I am very sure you will repeat the same mistake without even thinking about all of us"Karan scolded harshly.

"No bhaiya never. Mai aage se nahi karungi aisa. Aap punish karlo chahe ruler se maar lo but please aise nahi daanto"She said crying.

"Why?Last time bhi to ruler se maar padi thi na fir bhi you repeated your mistake"Karan said calmly but his anger was still visible in his eyes.

Gauri looked down at the mention of last time. She was still hiding the fact that she was not punished by the ruler last time.

"Ab nahi hogi repeat"She spoke in a low voice.

He held her chin harshly and made her look up.

"Explain me your mistake"Karan said firmly.

"I decided to cook without even thinking about my injured hand. I risked my life"She answered slowly.

"Great!And you deserve a reward for it. Don't you?"Karan said sarcastically clapping for her.

She looked down again.

"What is so entertaining on the floor?"Karan yelled.

She flinched and looked up.

"Tell me what should be your reward?"He asked angrily and she shook her head.

_____________________________________

Hello everyone!!Hope you liked the chapter!

Apologies for delayed update! I was not at home so I couldn't upload.

Please vote and comment!!

Thankyou!