42|Speed

"bhaiya aapne kuch galat kia?"Jai asked Karan dragging him out of his thoughts.

Karan ignored him and left the room.

"Ajeeb aadmi hai"Jai muttered.

"Just like you"Gauri said and got whacked by Jai on her head.

"Vaise bhai I have never seen papa getting so angry"Gauri said.

"Me too"Jai said and started to teach her till the study time ends.

Karan walked slowly towards the study fear gripping his chest. The fear of his father's anger was still there. No matter how old he was he couldn't stop fearing his father.

He knocked on the door and waited for permission. Once his father allowed he entered looking down. He closed the door behind him and stood a feet away from his father.

He dared to look up in his father's eyes which were full of fury and rage. Those eyes scared him and sent shivers down his spine.

"You saw the full video?"Ashish asked dangerously and Karan nodded slowly.

He started remembering the days when he was a little boy and he found himself in front of his father in the study every other day. It's been years since he got punished by Ashish. Ashish stopped punishing him after he was seventeen.

Ashish became a softie after Gauri's birth and realised that his anger would do no good to the boys so he stopped punishing them and Karan took the responsibility to discipline his siblings. Karan was nineteen when he took the responsibility to discipline his siblings and he truly appreciated that his father gave him the responsibility.

Ashish had never punished Gauri and Jai. Arun and Dheeraj were sometimes punished by him but Karan was the only one who had beared the heat of his anger.

"Karan!!"Ashish yelled furiously pulling Karan out of his thoughts.

"I am sorry"He said shyly.

"Sorry?huh. What the hell were you thinking when you did this"Ashish yelled angrily showing him the video.

Karan looked down not wanting to see the video again.

Karan was driving in the video and the speed was 150 km/hr. He was singing along while driving. Ashish's blood boiled when he saw that along with driving at such a high speed his son left the steering wheel at once and started seeing a message in his phone.

"Agar tum aaj 29 years ke na hote Karan to mai tumhara maar maar ke bura haal kardeta"Ashish yelled harshly and Karan flinched.

"Papa I am sorry. Mujhe sachmei samajh nahi aaraha tha ye maine kyu Kiya"Karan said slowly.

Ashish took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"What do you mean samajh nhi aaraha. Karan,by any chance were you drunk?"Ashish asked calmly but his voice held a steel edge.

"No papa maine drink nhi ki"Karan immediately denied.

Ashish sighed in relief.

"Now tell me how the hell you decided you could drive at this speed and then risk your life?"Ashish asked dangerously glaring at him.

"I...I"Karan stuttered trying to find the correct answer.

"Answer"Ashish yelled banging his hand on the table.

"I don't know...what happened to me..I just had this sudden rush of adrenaline..when I went out with my friends last week..I wanted to drive at such high speed...I wanted to try how did it feel"Karan said sadly.