06|The Study

After five minutes Gauri knocked on the door of the study and entered after getting the permission.

"Show me your notebook" Arun said firmly.

She hesitantly gave her notebook to him and he started checking it.

"Why isn't it complete when I had strictly asked to submit it today" He asked in the same tone.

"Mujhe nahi pata tha aaj submission day hai" Gauri said looking down.

"And why so" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Voh bhaiya" She was trying to form words.

"Bhaiya ke aage beta" He said losing his patience.

"I was not attentive. Sorry" She said timidly.

"Very nice. Tum na sudhar jao. I very well know ki you don't have any problem in focusing. You just choose to not listen to what the teacher is saying. Apni is aadat ko khud sudhar lo agar maine sudhari to tumhe bohot rona padega" He said dangerously.

"Ji bhaiya aage se aisa nahi hoga pakka" She promised.

"Notebook to roz laani hoti hai whether you have to submit it or not to aaj notebook kyu nahi thi tumhare paas" He asked strictly.

"Arey bhaiya bag bhari hojata hai" She said without thinking and then quickly regretted and kept her hand on her mouth.

"Kya bola tumne" Arun asked dangerously.

"Kuch..kuch nahi bhaiya"

"Agli baar se if I see you without your notebook in the class I won't allow you to attend the class for whole week. Clear?" He said firmly.

"Clear" She replied.

"Kab tak complete hojaegi notebook" He asked.

"Aaj raat tak hojaegi pakka" She said.

"Kitne ghante lagenge ye bolo"

"Ek ghanta" She replied thinking.

"Great. I want you to complete it in front of me while kneeling down" He ordered firmly.

"Bhaiyaaa noo" She whined.

"Did I ask for your opinion?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Now let's come to the main topic" He said and stood up from his chair and she took a step back scared.

"Kaha se seekh rahi ho ye jhoot bolna" He asked strictly.

"Kahi..kahi se nahi bhaiya" She said timidly.

He stood in front of her and grabbed her ear in a firm grip.

"Tumne pehle Dheeraj se jhoot bola and then you blatantly lied to me in the class. Himmat kaha se aarahi hai itni jhoot bolne ki" He asked twisting her ear.

"Ahh bhaiya chodo dard horaha hai" She replied in pain.

"Jawab do" He said firmly.

"Sorry bhaiya dar dar mein muh se nikal gaya" She said in one go.

He left her ear and glared at her sharply.

"Aaj na mai tumhe seekhata hun jhoot kese bolte hain" He said and opened his drawer and took out a wooden ruler.

She took a step back.

"Bhaiya sorry"

"Tumhari jhoot bolne ki punishment ye hai ki agle 24 hours tak tum sirf jhoot bologi" He said.

"Haan?" She said not sure

"Bohot shauk hai na tumhe jhoot bolne ka to ab bolo jhoot ab tum jo bologi vo jhoot hona chaiye agar tumne sach bola to I will hit you with this" He said pointing towards the ruler.

"Bhaiya are you for real" She asked him.

"Dikkat kya hai tumhe beta. You love to lie ab jhoot bolne kehra hu to jhoot nahi bolna. And also I want you to write an essay on why is lying bad"

She was shocked when she understood her punishment. This was the problem with her brother. He always did something out of the world to engrave the lesson in her heart.

"Maths notebook complete hai tumhari" He tested her.

"Nahi" She replied and he hit her with the ruler.

"Ahh"

"Jhoot bolne kaha hai"

"Haan complete hai" She said on the verge of tears.

"Good. Now go to the corner,kneel down and start your work" He said strictly and sat down to work.

She picked her notebook from the table and went to a corner and knelt. She started completing her work. The next twenty four hours were going to be very hard for her she thought.

She started writing but after five minutes her knees started to hurt.

"Time to speed up" She thought and started writing at 2x speed.

After fifteen minutes Arun looked at her and saw her struggling in the position.
He had no heart to let her continue in this position.

"Stand up" He said.

She stood up with difficulty as her kness turned numb and walked to him.

"Stand here and complete the rest of the work" He ordered and resumed his work.

She started writing again and she was done within forty minutes instead of an hour.

She passed her notebook to him not wanting to say anything as she couldn't analyse what she should say.

Arun checked it and now the work was all complete.

"Okay you can leave" He said and she looked at him with puppy eyes.

"Bhaiya please"

He sighed. He knew his sister wanted comfort.

"Come here" He said softly.

He hugged her and she buried her face in his chest.

"Sorry" She said.

"I am not angry anymore but your apology will only be accepted after you complete your punishment" He said.

"Bhaiya mujhe nahi karni ye bekaar si punishment" She whined.

"Maine tumse nahi pucha"

She rolled her eyes.

He noticed her hands which were slightly red till now. He opened his drawer and took out an ointment. He held her hands and started to apply it on her hands.

"Itni hi fikar hai aapko meri to maarte kyu ho" She asked.

"Kyuki zaruri hai" He said slowly.

He kept back the ointment and hugged her again.

"Now go and get some rest. Don't get engaged in your books" He said softly.

"Fine. Bye" she placed a kiss on his cheek and left.

Hello everyone. I hope this part was upto your expectations.

Do you think Arun was fair?

Please drop your views and vote.

Thankyou!!