CH 31

Finally the crown prince departed.

The emperor was not approachable and the princess was sad.

------------------------------

The prince was in a forest with a blank map. 

Closing his eyes he recited a spell, a string of red mana started to draw the path in the map.

He followed the way, the green forest held nature's scent, wild flowers and beautiful berries decorated it's habitat proudly like lights decorate a Christmas tree. Sun shined brightly, wind passed by gently, birds singed and small animals walked around observing the human.

A peaceful and beautiful sight.

But Ambroise couldn't appreciate it, he had a feeling something bad was about to happen, something that will leave a scar on the broken pieces of his heart.

Never a moment of peace was granted to him, if there was, something followed behind.

A long sigh escaped his mouth.

He shouldn't think about those things, if something bad were to happen it's not like he could avoid it.

"I wish you could accompany me."

Oh, how he would regret those words.

His first wish that the gods will grant him, will bring him more trauma than comfort.

He swallowed some words, still on the tip of his tongue remained some, directed to the same person.

'Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side'

A voice from his memories stated.

'emotions are useless. If you want to survive prove your worth, otherwise die.'