Chapter 1

Piercing rays of the sun making its way through the blinds were the reason behind me waking up abruptly today and of course, the annoying noise of someone banging on the door.
"Who's there?" I practically yelled. I knew who might have this much nerve to knock on the door but I just asked just for formality.

 'That doesn't make any sense?' A voice somewhere inside me spoke.

Shut up!

The door swung open in one push revealing none other than my friend with benefits "Cameron"

"Hey what's up with you sleepy head, come on its already 11 am," he said as he moved towards me gently stroking my hairs.

"Get to the point Cam. You are not here for nothing." I was annoyed...
"Yeah, you're right. There are some men, offering a huge amount of money to kill someone," he said in a serious tone. Stopped for a moment and with a sigh started again,
"Well, you see it's pretty dangerous. The guy they are asking to kill is some millionaire and have one heck of security, so yeah it can damage us if it goes wrong."
He stopped and concern was written all over his face.

I finally got into the sitting position and thought for a moment. "How much money they are offering?" I said with the cold voice.

"Look Em..." He started but I cut him off. "How much money Cam?" I glared at him from which anyone except him, and it's annoying, could die.

He sighed,
"It's 1 million."
I looked at him in disbelief.
"But they want you to do it by yourself. They believe that you will not fail. But I don't want you to..." Before he could say anything I cut him off again. "Are they still here?"
I asked him raising my one eyebrow. He finally sighed in defeat realizing his all attempts are in vain, "No, but they said they'll meet you at 5 pm sharp."

"Okay" was the only thing I said and went straight to the bathroom leaving him there on my bed.

After I did my business in the washroom, I came into my room again, and he was gone. I made my way out of the room and walked through the long hallway. I've been walking through these corridors since I was 16. Every time I remember my past, my blood boils with anger. 

Nobody loves. This world is only filled with hatred and cold-hearted people. They were the one who made me like this. Sometimes I'm disgusted by myself but hey that's not my fault. They should be accountable for this. They killed me 5 years ago. My parents left me and the man whom I loved the most abandoned me like I was nothing. I was dead if Cameron had not saved me.

He is actually 25 years old. With brown hairs and sweet chocolate brown eyes. Perfectly made body with 8 pack. He is someone on which anyone could drool over, man or a woman both. I was also someone who used to have crushes, wanted love, wanted care like normal teenagers but now I'm the only stone-hearted person of whom everyone is afraid of. Nobody can ever have enough courage to speak in front of me. He is the leader of this gang, but he keeps me on the same level as he is.

Our gang is, in fact, the biggest in the whole country. Orphaned Children and homeless people from all over the world are brought here for training so they can fight with this cruel world.

The main hall was filled with people from all over the world. Black, white, kids, almost all genders, there is no discrimination in here. All of them were standing in different corners of the hall. Girls chattering excitedly, boys were busy in flexing themselves and in the far right corner kids observed all of this quietly.

 As I made my way to the main hall, the people who saw me, elbowed their friends to make them aware of my presence and soon enough there was pin-drop silence in the hall. Some new children who were just bought here were trembling with fear. I gave them a simple nod and moved inside my office.

5 pm:

Now it was 5 pm. I was waiting for the 'men in black' to come. I was actually happy. That amount of money could help us in many ways. We were often off the budget. Abruptly door pushed open and Cam walked inside.

"They are here," he said breathlessly but I could see he was not happy.

"Let them in," I said with the nod. He backed away and men in black slowly walked in. The man in the front had a sinister smirk on his face for God knows why. All three of them sat comfortably in front of me with pretty calm faces. I couldn't understand why they were smirking cause as much as I know everybody would pee in his pants if they even have a glance of me.

The man in the middle, who I presume is the leader, gently took off his sunglasses and put it in front of him, on the table.

"Look! Emma the daredevil herself is sitting in front of us in all of her glory." The man said with a smirk on his face.
"I don't have fvcking time for your shit, so I think we should get to the point."
I snapped at him and now it was my time to smirk.

"Well I see, so let's get to the point. The man I want you to kill is a famous billionaire. He is not an easy lad to get. He always has his security around him. We just can't shoot him. We have to poison him." he stopped for a moment and looked intently into my eyes. I nodded at him to continue.

"So first we have to gain his trust and for that, you have to be his caretaker."

I looked at him with shock. How could he expect me to do that? Not gonna lie, my ego is too big for this job.

"Are you out of your mind?" I yelled at him.

He sighed "Look he is the one arrogant shit so no caretaker can stand him. He has some type of disease so her mother is looking for one. It would only take a couple of days. You have to just poison his food only."

He said with hope in his eyes but I already had made my decision
"No, and get out" I hissed. He gave out a frustrated sigh and got up straightening his expensive suit.
"Okay, but if you want to change your mind let me know." He had already turned around when he stopped for a moment and looked over his shoulder.

"Btw his name is Zack."

As these words left his mouth my breath got stuck in my throat. All the painful memories of the past came in front of my eyes like a movie playing in theaters. The betrayal, the hate for him. What he did to me 5 years ago all came rushing into my mind
"Wait! Tell me about the location. I'm in!"

**********************************
Authors note: Hey guys I hope you guys like this chap and also this book. If you wanna give me some suggestions then please give me.

Do vote and comment if you like it. :)