Chapter 11

Awkward!
That's what I would like to call the situation I'm in right now. He was in black suit as always and looking smoking hot.. Ok now I'm totally checking him out and also COMPLEMENTING him.. Damn it!
Zack was looking at me with such intensity that I was even afraid to disturb him. I didn't knew how to tell him that we are getting late. I couldn't see him in eyes.. It was so intense..

"Excuse me sir.. Your ride is ready."
Thank god! Clair said from behind me looking extremely pissed.
"Yes sir, we are getting late." I offered trying to get his eyes off me but all in vain..

After a min or two he looked toward Clair who was giving him a strange look and then back at me. "Ok then, what are we waiting for?" With that he left the room but not before moving his fore finger in the air motioning me to follow him. I rolled my eyes at his big ego and just followed him.

"It turned out he didn't wanted to fire me.." I whispered in Clair's ear as I passed by her. I could sense her glaring at me but I just walked away, keeping my head up..

Bitch!

His beautiful black rover was standing outside in all of its glory. You are not gonna drool Emma! Yes I won't..

As I sat in his luxurious car, his cologne filled my nose. I was always like a statue whenever I sat beside him. The driver turned the car on and we left without a word. After an hour, the car stopped in front of a beautiful Vella..
"Woah! Who's throwing this ball!?"
I asked trying to mesmerise all the beauty I was seeing.

"My brother." He answered like it was no big deal.
"You should've told me earlier.." I replied feeling really nervous. He immediately turned towards me and brought his fore finger up in air...in front of my face, just close to my nose.

"Now listen to me and you better listen clearly... This ball is really important for me. You better not make any scene here. I've to make an important business deal." He said without any kind of expression on his face. I nodded my head and without a word he left the car. I followed him and left the car. A red carpet was laid on the floor, thousands of photographers and reporters were standing in line... desperately trying to get a picture of all the fancy people entering this beautiful heaven. Most girls would be devastated by this but I was ready for it, I've been waiting to meet different people but with the same dead hearts for years and now was the time.

I took a deep breath and was ready to take a step when I felt a warm hand engulf mine. I looked towards the owner of this hand and saw Zack standing there smiling towards a camera. I watched him in awe, he looked very handsome whenever he smiled. Suddenly I felt him holding my hand extremely tight and it hurt.

I gave him a murderous glare.
"Look towards camera dear.." He said in a sick sweet voice and motioned towards the cameraman. I gave him an oh face and looked towards the camera.
I gave a very awkward smile.. A constipated one actually..

He nudged me forward and I followed him. The reporters were trying hard to get something out of him but he was moving forward like he was a statue. His bodyguards continued making way for us.

"Is this the girl you are dating lately?"

"Mr Zack are you gonna marry her or she's just a time pass like all the other girls?"

And these are some of the questions that I heard from the reporters..
"Don't listen to them.." Zack said to me.

It was a really beautiful Vella. Everything was well decorated and pretty formal. All the women in here were wearing beautiful dresses. It was so beautiful. I could live here forever. Everyone was talking to each other with joy and happiness...Like everyone had forgotten their pain for a moment.