When She Cheated

Y/N and I have been dating for a solid eleven months, and we just moved in together a few months ago.

The last two weeks I've been "working late", meaning I've been out murdering way later than usual due to some insurgence against the cult. Of course Y/N knows all about my criminal activity, she just doesn't really like to include it in our daily conversations. And since she respects the more gruesome actions of my profession and doesn't question them, I respect her desire to not know about them.

I'd purposefully lied and told her that I'd be working late tonight so that I could surprise her with her favorite flowers and take out.

I slowly open the door and peek inside. "Y/N? Babe?"

I hear no response and frown, walking in on my own. She not home? I lay the bouquet of flowers down on the counter with the take out and hear a strange noise. It sounded like a grunt, followed by a squeaking of the bedsprings. What? Y/N would never, right? Maybe she's just sick and is having trouble getting out of bed?

Try as I might, no other situation I come up with sounds plausible. The only solution is to check for myself and see what is going on. I move slowly down the hallway to our room, not wanting to alert her to my presence quite yet, even if it is nothing.

The noises become louder as I draw closer, and my heart sinks. I push the door open, and sure enough, there's my darling Y/N with her legs open for another man. I'm not noticed until I whip out my pistol and shoot the man in the back of the head.

The gunshot echoes alongside Y/N's screams as her dead lover falls on top of her. She quickly shoves the body off of her and covers herself with the now bloody sheet.

I feel dead inside as she stutters to explain herself, how I wasn't home, how I kill people, how I don't care for her.

"Those are all reasons to break up with me, bitch, not cheat on me. If you wanted to screw this guy the least you could do was break it off with me first," I say, deadly calm.

"No, it wasn't about him. I don't even know him!" Y/N protests, making things so much worse for herself.

"Really? Then you're hoing around with random strangers! How long has this been going on?" I demand.

"Only a month," Y/N says hurriedly.

"A month?!" I yell.

"Jerome, listen, please, I love you, you're better than this," Y/N pleads as I stalk closer and press the end of my gun to her forehead.

"Bullshit," I whisper before pulling the trigger, watching her lifeless body fall to the floor in front of me.

I crouch down beside her body and begin to sob, half-angry and and half-depressed. I pull the ring box out of my pocket and throw it at her corpse.

I was going to propose to that bitch tonight. God dammit!

I suddenly find myself unable to be in the apartment anymore. I take the only valuables I keep there and go to exit. As a parting thought, I take a lighter she'd given me out of my pocket and light it, throwing it to the floor of the apartment floor.

That's the last time I date a sane girl.

-------------------------------------------
Word Count: 581
Requests? Let me know! If you enjoyed, vote and comment!
Gingy