Bank Robbery

Jerome and I had been planning this attack for weeks. So far, our planning had been beneficial as the heist went off without a hitch.

However, as we were threatening and terrifying innocents, gunshots other than our own went off, breaking the bank's glass front wall. Jerome and I turned towards the disturbance, duffle bag full of money at our feet, and saw that the police had crashed our little fiesta. There must have been a silent alarm that was sounded.

"Drop your weapons and stand down!" Ordered Detective Gordon as he ran in, gun raised.

"Jimbo! You weren't supposed to come to the party!" Jerome greeted.

"You and Y/N's reign of terror is over, Jerome. Give it up!" Jim yelled.

"I'm afraid we can't do that, James," I stepped in, raising my automatic. I began firing rapidly at the police, forcing them to fall back and duck behind cover.

I picked up the bag and followed Jerome as we ran towards the back where we'd broken in. I covered my head with my hands as the police returned fire and chased us. Sadly, this did not block them from shooting me in the upper thigh.

I cried out as pain shot up my leg until it collapsed, bringing me to the ground with it. Jerome must have heard me fall, because he turned immediately and ran back to me. He bent over and picked me up bridal style, running away again.

"Jerome, the money," I protested weakly.

"Screw the money," he huffed back.

He was slowed by my weight but continued to sprint away from the police, who were distracted enough by the money to lose us temporarily.

Jerome used that time to his advantage, putting on more speed to evade the cops. He was able to make it back to our vehicle, where he gently set me in the passenger seat and ran around to the driver's side. I buckled myself in, wincing and feeling dizzy from blood loss.

Jerome placed his right hand on my thigh as we pulled away.

"Just hang in there, dollface, alright?" He pleaded. "We'll be home in a jiffy and I'll get you all patched up."

"Jerome, I'm sleepy," I mumbled.

"Don't go to sleep, Y/N. Stay awake for me, baby," Jerome said.

I tried my best to listen and keep my eyes open, but they drifted shut of their own accord.

#####################

When my eyes next opened, I was in Jerome and I's bed. I looked over and saw my love sitting in the armchair beside the bed, asleep and looking exhausted.

There was gauze wrapped tight around the wound in my leg. He must have removed the bullet.

I groaned as I tried to sit up.

"Y/N!" Jerome exclaimed, waking up and tugging me into a hug, careful to avoid my leg.

"Hey, baby," I smiled, kissing his neck as he held me.

"I thought I lost you," he breathed into my hair, clutching me tighter.

I pulled away a bit to look into his pale face. I put my hands on his cheeks and forced him to look me in the eyes.

"Jerome," I said seriously. "You can't lose me. A hurricane couldn't blow me away from you, let alone a pesky bullet. I'll always come back to you."

"How can you be sure?" He asked me.

"Because I know it. I can feel it. We're inseparable, you and I. We're a package deal, everybody knows that," I assured him. "Anybody who tries to separate us must be insane."

Jerome couldn't help but chuckle at this and hug me again. "If anyone ever does try, I'll kill them," he promised darkly.

"So will I, my love," I grinned.

-------------------------------------------
Word Count: 621
I'm going to update as many as possible today. Happy Saturday! Enjoyed? Vote! Requests? Ask!
Gingy