Disapproval

Oswald Cobblepot does not have many people in his life that he cares about, which makes the scant few he has even more important to him. He's already proved that he will kill for his mother, and with her having passed on, Penguin is more than a little overprotective of the only sacred thing left in his life—you.

After what happened to your mother, he has kept you very close, your room right next door to him and always guarded by his most trusted men. You do not go anywhere unaccompanied—Oswald thinks it's far too dangerous.

You are his little sister, his baby sister really, ten years his junior. Even though you're only his sister by half, as he recently found out from his father (who is also dead), he has gone his whole life as your protector, a habit he has yet to break.

Needless to say, it's a bit much since you are a grown adult now, in your twenties, and are fully capable of taking care of yourself. If anything, the continued association with him is the biggest threat to your safety.

However, Oswald doesn't see it that way. He kept Gertrude away from his 'business' and as a result he was not there for her when she needed him. He refuses to allow the same to happen to you, so he won't let you do anything, it seems.

And while you understand, and appreciate what he's trying to do, you can't help but feel a little stifled. How are you supposed to have a life of your own with him constantly hovering?

This leads to your own habit of disobeying your older brother and sneaking out. You've become a master of stealth, knowing every nook and cranny of the entire mansion and how to escape from any room.

And though some of your earliest attempts were foiled and countermeasures were applied, Ozzie has no idea about your current method of escape, or that you even sneak out at all. Your friendship with Selina has taught you how to traverse Gotham unseen. And hardly anyone knows your identity and would recognize you even if they did see you.

There is also another reason for your sneaking out.

Jerome.

You met him after his revival, on one of your walks through the bad side of town. Well, the slightly worse part of town, anyway.

As you were cutting through a dank alleyway, someone jumped out at you. On reflex, you kneed the man in the balls and punched him in the Adam's apple when he crouched over in pain. You were beginning to run away when you heard a loud laugh and a shot, the man falling dead to the floor. You looked back over your shoulder to see a tall ginger man who looked like he'd had facial reconstruction surgery of some sort. Sure doesn't detract from his hotness, though.

"Nice moves, gorgeous," he purred, and the rest was history.

Now when you sneak out it is mostly to see Jerome, your lover. He's been successful in gaining a following and making a name for himself, and you can't find anything about him that you dislike—except his overwhelming protectiveness rivaled only by your brother.

You can tell too, that while he enjoys the thrill and secrecy of sneaking around, he wants to flaunt you and your relationship all over town. It's only a matter of time before his ego takes over and outs you.

You've just snuck out to see Jerome for a date. Honestly, you should have known better than to let him pick the place. When he pulls up outside of the Iceberg Lounge, you scowl.

"No," is all you say.

"Aw, but babe, it's the fanciest place in town. I just wanted to give you the best," he smirks winningly.

"Absolutely not. You know that this is my brother's place. Do you want to be the new frozen nut job on display in there?" You scoff, exasperated.

"But I thought you said your bro was out taking care of business?" Jerome grins.