Without You

Y/N did it.

She shoved me out of the way before Galavan could stab me. She lost her life to save mine.

I choke back a sob staring at her dead body that I'd managed to steal away after I stabbed Galavan, surprising everyone, but I don't care. I'm glad the bastard is dead. I still wish it was me. At least that way I'd still be with her.

On the car ride away, as her lifeblood flowed out of her and onto my leather seats, I was too afraid for her to stop my tears. Eventually I pulled over to be able to put pressure on her stab wound, watching helplessly as her blood still trickled out between my fingers through the shirt that I'd ripped off and held to her neck.

"Stop, baby, stop. It's okay," she whispered weakly, barely able to form the words. Her normally golden face was so pale. I just shook my head, tears clouding my vision.

"I wanted this," she whispered.

"You wanted to kill yourself?" I sobbed. She shook her head before parting her lips to reply, a gasp escaping them as more pain hit.

"I wanted it to be me. Not you. Never you. You're too special to the world, to me, to die. I couldn't live in a world without you in it," she coughed. "You're my everything. If I let you die I'd never forgive myself. Not when I could do something. I can't exist without you, J. It's because I'm weak. But you're strong. So strong. And you have a job to do, a people to conquer, a city to free."

"I don't want any of that. I just want you. I won't be able to do it without you," I protested.

"Yes you will. You're stronger than you know. Use these feelings. Use them. Get stronger. Teach this city a lesson. If you try and follow me out of this world I will never forgive you. You're a fighter, and fighters don't quit. If you quit, you won't be the man I love. I want you to live," she choked, struggling to speak as breathing got harder. I tried to shush her, stop her from speaking to prolong her life, do something, but she stopped me.

"Promise me," she demanded.

"Y/N, I can't—"

"Promise me!"

I closed my eyes, squeezing out more tears, and finally nodded. "I promise."

When I opened my eyes, she was gone. Her lips were curled into a smile, forming a final expression of love on her face.

I wanted to die, but I promised her. And I keep my promises.

So no, I won't follow her into death. But I never promised I wouldn't drag her back into life.

—————————————————————
Word Count: 459
Woohoo! Another one. If you have any requests, don't be afraid to ask. I don't bite. Promise ;)
Gingy