EIGHTEEN ➳ SHATTERED SIGHT, PT. 1

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
SHATTERED SIGHT, PT. 1
╚═════ ═════╝

AFTER A MOMENT, THE GLASS STOPPED FALLING

AFTER A MOMENT, THE GLASS STOPPED FALLING. Teresa got up as soon as Henry removed his arm, her cheeks a little flustered from their closeness and his urge to protect her and baby Neal.

Teresa stared at Henry as the teenage boy slowly got to his feet with furrowed eyebrows. "Well? How do you feel?" she asked.

"I feel..." Henry's eyes met hers after a moment. "I feel perfectly fine."

Teresa's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You don't feel anger? This is supposed to bring out your worst side."

Henry shrugged. "I don't feet angry at all, even though I know I should."

"Well, I can honestly say that's a relief. I was worried I would have to tie you up to a chair so you wouldn't try and kill me."

Teresa moved around the furniture and sat herself down onto one of the sofas. She then placed baby Neal beside her and began to check him over. She smiled softly as her friends baby made small noises and went to clutch her finger.

"Neal appears to be fine," she informed him as she allowed the infant to wrap his tiny fist around her finger.

Henry nodded as he made his way over to the sofa across from her. He was then consumed by his thoughts as he tried to figure out why he wasn't feeling very affected by the shattered sight spell.

"Maybe I don't have a reason to feel anger," Henry said after a moment.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...besides losing my dad I'm perfectly happy with my life. Therefore, I have no reason for this other side of me to be unleashed during this spell."

Teresa pursed her lips. "Makes sense."

"And I have no reason to be angry at you."

Teresa smirked at his confession. "Why Henry Mills, are you saying that you like me?"

Henry blushed and began stumbling for words to say. "I-I — of course I like you." Teresa raised a brow, teasingly. "I m-mean you're nice...a-a-and you're really pretty." His eyes widened at his confession and his embarassment furthered; Teresa's cheeks turned a soft pink. "I meant — I-I like you...as a friend."

"Don't get so nervous, Mills." Teresa smirked, despite being slightly flustered by his confessions. "I don't hate you either."

Emma couldn't stand to hear her parents throw such vile words back and fourth, thus forcing her to remain in her office where their words were only faint.

She sat with her head in her hands until Elsa walked in. She glanced up at the ice-wielder with a sigh. "My parents...that's not who they are."

"They're their worst selves. It's like when Anna put me in that urn. She didn't mean what she said either...I hope."