THIRTY ➳ BEST LAID PLANS

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY
BEST LAID PLANS
╚═════ ═════╝

╔═════ ═════╗CHAPTER THIRTYBEST LAID PLANS╚═════ ═════╝

HENRY WAS WORRIED ABOUT TERESA. Ever since he learned about his grandfather having her heart, he's been on edge. He hasn't stopped shaking his leg when he was sitting down, or biting his lip when he was searching through the storybook.

Henry sat inside his grandparents apartment, listening to his mothers talk as they stared at the page, which August now revealed to them, had the author trapped inside it, while he watched August, who was beginning to not look so good.

"How the hell is The Author trapped inside the book?" Regina stressed

"Don't ask me," Emma replied. "You're the magic expert."

Henry shot up from his seat as August began to breath strange as he laid asleep on the couch. "Mom," he said with urgency.

"Well, this is insane. What are we supposed to do, draw a key?"

"What we need to do is figure it out before Gold does."

"Mom!" he said, only louder this time.

"What is it?" Regina asked, turning to face her son.

"There's something wrong with August."

Emma and Regina walked over, panic in their eyes. Emma knelt down next to him and gently shook him. "August? August?"

When he didn't respond or even open an eye they knew something had to be wrong. "We need to get him help."

"He's been through a lot," Emma said as Mother Superior examined August. "What's happening? He was awake, and then he passed out, and..."

"Well, he's been changed by magic many times. For him to survive this, he will have to be very strong," Mother Superior replied.

Regina shifted in her feet. She understood Emma's worry for her friend, but there were far more bigger problems than August had the moment. Like the villians in town, that now have Teresa's heart. They could use the archer for anything they wished.

"We have a bigger problem," Regina said.

Emma looked up from August and met her gaze. She released a sigh before nodding her head and standing up. "Will you please -- "

"Call you if anything changes with August?" Mother Superior finished, a light smile on her lips. Emma nodded. "Of course. Do what you must, August is in good hands with us."

"Thank you, Blue."

Regina then moved out of the room with Emma, Henry right behind them. "Gold and these other witches are expecting me. They sent me on a mission to get that page from the book. And if I return empty-handed, whatever suspicions they have of me will be confirmed."