SIXTY-THREE ➳ AN UNTOLD STORY, PT. 2

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
AN UNTOLD STORY, PT. 2
╚═════ ═════╝

HENRY MILLS SAT ON THE EDGE OF THE FOUNTAIN, HIS BODY HUNCHED OVER, HANDS ON HIS KNEES

HENRY MILLS SAT ON THE EDGE OF THE FOUNTAIN, HIS BODY HUNCHED OVER, HANDS ON HIS KNEES. His entire body felt numb. Tears were streaming silently down his cheeks as he stared at the concrete in front of him.

The moment he met Teresa, Henry's entire life had changed. What started as his only friend turned into an extraordinary relationship. Before The Apprentice had even revealed that they were meant to be, as the prophesied soulmates chosen by Merlin himself, Henry knew he liked her. He liked the way that her nose crinkled when she laughed, her laughter sounding like the finest music. He liked how even when he was feeling down, she always managed to brighten his mood with a single smile in his direction.

As time passed, the feelings only grew stronger, and The Apprentice said what they were to each other, he knew right then and there that he wasn't going to hold back any more. If they were meant to be, then he wanted to be with her at every waking moment of his life until the minute his heart stopped beating.

Henry didn't care what people that about him; a sixteen-year-old that is already thinking of a future with someone. He didn't just like her, as he originally thought. No. Henry knew it was love — true love. The love of the soulmates.

And now he was doomed to life an entire life without her because he had destroyed magic, trapping her in another realm with his family.

"Henry." It was his mother, but he didn't bother looking up from where he was staring at the same spot for God know how long. He had lot track of time.

"Violet, can we have a second?" Emma asked, gesturing to her crying son. The blonde savior's heart broke at the mere sight of her son.

"Of course," Violet said, rising from where she sat near Henry. She walked away, leaving the mother to consider her heartbroken son.

"How'd you know where to find me?" His voice came out all cracked and broken, making Emma's heart clench.

"Because when we lived in New York, this is where we came when you were upset. And I'd give you a penny and tell you to wish your problems away. Remember?" Emma lifted up a quarter toward him. "What do you say? Want to give it a try?"

"I'm sorry, Mom, but that's not gonna make me feel better now."

"Why not?"

"When we lived here, there wasn't any magic. We didn't even know it existed. And, Mom, we were happy."

Emma smiled. "We were. And I wouldn't trade that time for anything. But you're forgetting something. It was just the two of us. And now..."

"Yeah," he said. "And that's why I thought if I destroyed magic in Storybrooke that we could all be happy like you and I were. But because of what I did, we'll never even see half of our family again. And, I-I'll never see Teresa again."