FORTY-SIX ➳ DREAMCATCHER

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
DREAMCATCHER
╚═════ ═════╝

AFTER SKINNING THE ANIMAL, THE PAIR MADE THEIR WAY TOWARD GRANNY'S, WHERE TERESA WAS GOING TO HAND HER OVER THE RABBIT

AFTER SKINNING THE ANIMAL, THE PAIR MADE THEIR WAY TOWARD GRANNY'S, WHERE TERESA WAS GOING TO HAND HER OVER THE RABBIT. Even though they weren't in Storybrooke, their deal was still present, and Teresa still needed to hunt for her on occasion. Henry made the comfortable silence disappear as he decided to strike up a conversation with her.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Teresa smirked. "You just did. But, yes you can."

"Do you, um...maybe want to go hunting again tomorrow?"

Teresa's smirk widened. "I told you hunting was a thrill! We can go in the morning, animals tend to come out for food bright and early."

"Early bird catches the worm."

Henry beamed in relief, he had been worrying she might say no. He wasn't stupid. He could sense the tension between them, it's been there since the day he saved from Isaac's page and The Apprentice announced they were soulmates. The knowledge of them knowing who they really were seemed to drive a wedge. Henry had noticed Teresa started to avoid him at all costs, so he was thankful that Hook and his grandfather got her to dance. He felt like the tension was slowly going away, and soon they would return to how they were before.

"Well the early bird does catch the worm," Henry said.

Teresa archer a brow, letting out a breathy laugh. "What?"

"I-It's an expression."

Suddenly, the sound of hooves met their ears. Soon, a chestnut colored horse came into few, and the girl riding it pulled on the reigns to make it slow down right before them. "Hello," she said.

"Hi."

"Are you trying to find your back to the castle?" she asked them. "I could show you the way, if you'd like?"

Teresa shook her head. "We know the way, but thank you."

"We were out hunting," Henry added.

"I can see that." A grin formed on the girls face as she gestured to the skinned rabbit in Teresa's hand. "I've never met a girl who could hunt before." Teresa smirked as she climbed down off the horse, and after patting the horses mane, she turned to them with an extended hand. "My name's Violet."

Teresa hesitated before shaking her hand. "Teresa."

The girl gave a nod before turning to Henry and extending her hand.

"Henry," he said, giving her a polite smile.

"Well, it was wonderful to meet you both, perhaps we could all go hunting together one day." Violet smiled. "I've always wanted to go, but my father, I'm afraid, won't allow me. He believes hunting is only for the men. When he sees that you do it, perhaps he will let me join. That is, if you don't mind my company. I would hate to impose..."