FORTY-THREE ➳ THE PRICE, PT. 2

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
THE PRICE, PT. 2
╚═════ ═════╝

"THIS IS SO STUPID," Teresa grumbled as she walked with Snow and Emma down the hallway and toward the ball room, where they could hear people talking and soft music being played

"THIS IS SO STUPID," Teresa grumbled as she walked with Snow and Emma down the hallway and toward the ball room, where they could hear people talking and soft music being played. Her, Snow and Emma had each been given a white dress to wear; Teresa's had long flowing sleeves and the bottom of her dress hit the floor.

She didn't like it. Snow had to practically shove her into the dress. Snow had even put her hair into a very beautiful braid, that resembled her cousin Elsa's at some angles.

On the way down, Teresa had tried to leave, but Snow had gripped her arm, and now kept it locked with hers. This would be her first ball with Teresa, and she was damn well going to make sure Teresa didn't try and run off.

"Man up," Snow said with an eyeroll. "It's just a dress, Teresa."

"Says the princess."

"You know, technically, you're a princess as well. If your mother didn't send you off, you would have grown up in dresses."

"No I wouldn't have."

Snow chuckled. "How can you be so sure?"

"Well, for starters, my mother abandoned me. That was always meant to happen, no matter what, because I was apparently destined to meet you, Snow."

"True."

Soon, the trio came around the corner, where they were suddenly at the top of the staircase.

"Presenting Lady Teresa, Lady Emma and Lady Mary Margaret!" The trio walked down the steps as an applause filled the room.

A foreman walked up, where Teresa was then forced to place her hand on his so he could lead her down the steps. She glanced around the room for a moment before she turned to the bottom of the staircase, where there were three dark haired males waiting for them. David for Snow, Hook for Emma, and, of course, Henry for Teresa. Teresa knew that Hook had to of made him stand there and wait for her arrival.

A blush spread across her cheeks as soon as she reached Henry, who cleared his throat and gave her a nervous smile. "H-Hi."

"Hi," Teresa echoed, just as nervous. God, why did the Apprentice have to open his mouth? Our friendship had been just fine and not at all awkward until he announced that we are soulmates!

"Y-You look nice."

"Thanks." She cleared her throat, then took in his appearance. Henry was clad in white and a soft blue color; she much preferred Henry's navy blue jacket and red scarf, but she supposed he looked alright in her lands clothing. "You don't look so bad yourself, Mills."