FIFTY-SIX ➳ RUBY SLIPPERS

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
RUBY SLIPPERS
╚═════ ═════╝

TERESA, HENRY AND DAVID'S HEADS SNAPPED OVER TO THE DOOR AS IT BURST OPEN

TERESA, HENRY AND DAVID'S HEADS SNAPPED OVER TO THE DOOR AS IT BURST OPEN. Before they could even greet them, their eyes widened as Snow and Hook were supporting an unconscious Ruby in between them.

"Oh my God, Ruby?!" Teresa gasped, jumping from the table and toward the bed as David assisted Hook in placing her down on the mattress. "Is she okay? Why is she down here?"

"She's not..."

Hook shook his head. "No, she's still breathing."

"Well, how long do you think she'll be out?" Emma asked.

"I don't know. We hit her with some strong stuff," Alice replied.

"Where has she been since she left Storybrooke?" David asked.

"I don't know. She went to find her pack," Snow said with a shrug.

"Unless they're dead, I'd say she's sniffing in the wrong place. Any explanation for what she's doing here?"

Emma reached forward, snatching a piece of blue and white checkered fabric from Ruby's belt. "Just this."

After a few moments, Ruby awoke with a gasp and sat up as fast as she could. Snow was quick to throw her arms around her friend.

Ruby recognized the scent instantly and hugged her raven haired friend back. "Snow, I-I can't believe you're here."

As they parted, Snow grinned. "You too."

"Ruby," Teresa voiced from near Henry. "Are you dead?"

Ruby furrowed her eyebrows. "No of course not. When did you get back to Storybrooke? I thought you were in Arendelle with Anna and Elsa?"

Teresa was relieved to hear that Ruby wasn't dead, but now it left the question as to why she was even in the Underworld. "I was, but I came back after a month."

"Ruby," Emma began. "This isn't exactly Storybrooke."

Ruby was even more confused now, as she stared at the blonde savior. "What do you mean?"

"This is the Underworld," Alice piped in, causing Ruby's eyes to widen at the familiar voice.

"Alice? B-But you're dead..." Alice nodded, a frown forming on her lips at the mention of her status. "The Underworld? I don't understand. I used a tracking spell so the cyclone would bring me to Zelena."

"Ruby, she's down here, too."

"Wait, love, you came down here looking for Zelena?" Hook asked.

Regina sighed. "Why am I not surprised? What did my sister do now?"