Chapter 9 - They know (Running)

The cliff that our pack comes across is like this ^

Isabella's P.O.V

We had not yet unpacked our stuff so we were on our feet in an instant. I ordered the others to,

"Do not shift! If it is our mates, they cannot know about the white wolves!" They all nodded and we ran out the back entrance. Our plan had sped up. We needed to get to Canada yesterday. There was no time to waste for idle chit chat. 

I took the lead as the Alpha and Elina the back as beta. I put a grueling pace to outrace the wolves. It was harder for us to keep the lead in our human forms but there was too much of a chance of being discovered if we were wolves.

Miya was the only one of us unused this. Everyone else had run away before. She tripped and I caught her. Miya was slowing us all down. Instead, I picked her up and ran carrying her. This is enables us to keep up the pace. We ran for a hour or two with the howls getting closer.

It was strange because the howls came from six different directions, all behind us of course. As if there were six different hunting parties. It was like Miya and Emilia said. The Alphas have not realized we are traveling together and were hunting us separately. I smile. It was going to be funny when they figured it out. 

On our left side, I saw a grey wolf chasing us. It must be the fastest one of the pack to catch up. I put Miya down, ordering them to keep running before lunging towards the grey wolf. He did not see that coming and the fight was over quickly. I knocked him unconscious and had to run to catch up. 

We had to pause about four hours later because everyone could not keep the pace. The howls however did not stop and kept getting closer. I had to push my pack a little more. Eventually, I stumbled into a clearing, facing a cliff. This was bad! There was not enough time to climb it. 

We turned around and made a protective circle around Miya who did not know how to fight yet. I sent Miya up the cliff. My job was to delay our mates until everyone was up. Miya was up and Sam was climbing when the alphas finally ran in. The first one is saw was Carson. Wonderful! I start talking to distract him from Sam climbing the cliff,

"Hello, mate!" Carson stiffens and turns to me, "Long time no see, huh." He growls at me. "Don't you growl at me, you! You did try to take me somewhere I did not want to go. Not my fault I got out." He takes another step towards me while Emma climbs up the cliff since Sam is done. Alpha Alex rushs in this time with the other alphas on his heels. There is a moment of hesitation between all the alphas who do not understand why the other is here. They are all tensing to attack each other. That is what we need! I remain quiet so they stay focused on each other. Emilia and Elina are climbing the cliff together this time. It would be safer if they did it one by one but well, we're running out of time. Then I start climbing, hoping our luck will hold and the alphas will remain focused on each other.

I put my foot on the next step and send a bunch of rocks flying down the hill. All the wolves look up at me and I say,

"Surprise, surprise!" before rushing up the hill. The alphas have to shift to be able to get up the cliff and they do not trust each other enough to take the time to. So, we are safe today. I join the others up on the top and we go off running. 

We've made it to Canada, the cliff was at the border. I am still stressed because the way Carson looked at me made me feel like they would never stop searching. 

We make it to a cave when night falls and we stop. Elina wanted to talk with the group and so I motion for her to start,

"I do not know about your alphas, but when I looked into Alex' eyes and I know he will never stop looking for me." It was exactly what I had been thinking and I say as much,

"Carson too."

"What will we do?"

"We need a plan, something to do if they arrive."

"Yeah."

"They will catch up to us eventually, but we have to make it on our own terms and when we want." I see nods all around and I explain the plan I came up with to survive. Everyone does not like it but it is a necessary evil. We shift and head to sleep. This night, I contact my wolf, telling her the news,

"They know." She agrees and says,

"They know and if we do not end this, we will never stop running." Her words worry but I fall asleep anyway from pure exhaustion at this day.