Chapter 39 - Anger

Elina's P.O.V.

How dare they! These damn rogues nearly took my life and now they took my mate. I have been sobbing for the past ten minutes. But my wolf, Lin, rose within me, taking control. She told Izzy who is in the middle of planning how to find my mate,

"I shall lead you to him!" At first, she looks at me confused because of my strange voice. Then she asks,

"Is your wolf in control, Elina? Is Lin in control?" I nod at her. Lin and I are currently sharing control, but it is mainly her. 

"The rogues did not anticipate the power of anger from wolves like us," referencing our powers as white wolves. I see Izzy smile, amused,

"If you can lead us to him, it would make our lives much easier."

"He is not far. Our bond is strong. The rogues are at their makeshift base, trying to heal before bringing him to the Boss."

"How do you know?"

"Anger from one of us burned and flushed out whatever they put in Alex's system, enabling me to get information from him. Since I am in control, not Elina, I have easier access."

"Ok. I will go get you mate with you and some remaining warriors. We need all the Alphas to remain here." Carson growled at the fact of being separated from his mate. Like usual Izzy ignored him. "Understood, let's go!" 

I lead the way out of the castle. The rogues should have known better than to take my mate! now they will never live to regret it.

Alex's P.O.V.

I slowly gain consciousness. Where am I? My hands were chained to a wall with silver, but my feet were free. Damn the silver hurt! Wait, what am I doing here? The last thing I remember is going to cool off because of the doctor's touching my Elina. Elina! Is she here with me? I look around, apparently not. Instead, I take in my surroundings. I am by myself in a small, dank smell. There are several chains on the wall, but no occupants. Strange...

A couple minutes later, a man walked in. He smelled of rogue. I was preparing a smart ass remark when I felt grief and anger through my mate bond. It seemed as if Elina has discovered my disappearance. It hurt my heart that Elina was suffering so. I tried to mind link her, but it wouldn't work. They had most likely injected wolfsbane to block me. I am currently ignoring the fucking rogue, but he cleared his throat and said,

"Which one are you?" I have to hold back my laughter. The fucking idiots cannot even recognize which mate I was. I reply,

"Shouldn't you already know?" The man looks uncomfortable,

"Checking you for amnesia." I laugh in his face. What a worthless excuse!

"Sure, go right ahead." The rogue stands there for a second, then, without another word, leaves. My kidnapping is obviously a last minute thing. These are not the leaders, so it should be easier to escape. I tug at my chains, and immediately stop because of the pain. Shit! 

Suddenly, an anger which is not my own engulfs me. The chains no longer hurt and my mind seems clearer. I am puzzled about the anger. It wasn't mine, so it would have to be Elina's. But why did it effect me? My lips curve into a smile when I realize the reason. She is a white wolf. Bless my lucky stars for such a mate! I attempt to communicate with her through the mind link. It fails, but I can feel her location. That meant she could feel where I was. My Elina would come to the rescue. And with the amount of anger I felt from her, I feel bad for those pathetic rogues.

They wouldn't stand a chance.