Healing

***Dazz's P.O.V

   I smiled down at Ava as she slept peacefully. After I had thoroughly massaged all of her muscles until they were like pudding im my hands, I had lain down with her and fallen asleep with her in my arms. Now it was morning and I was looking down at her as she cuddled into my chest. She was so beautiful it took my breath away. As cheesy as that sounds.

   My peace is ruined when I hear the sound of little feet padding on the hard wood floor as they ran down the hallway.

   "Ava! It's time to . . . Dazz? What are you doing here?" I laugh at the perplexed look on Mika's face as he stares at me. The other kids look equally confused as they stare at me from behind him.

   "Ava and I had a sleepover last night." Is all I say in response to his question. Ava still hasn't woke yet, which surprises me. Usually she'd have been up and alert the moment they started running down the hall. Heck, I thought just me staring at her would have made her wake up.

   "Oh, okay! Can you wake her up? We're hungry and we want her to cook. She's a good cook." He says simply before leaving with the other kids before I can reply.

   I look down to wake Ava up and nearly jump out of my skin to see her already staring up at me. "How long have you been awake?" I ask as I try to calm my racing heart.

   "Since you stared staring at me a couple hours ago. It's rude and creepy to stare, ya know. Didn't your mamma ever teach you that?" She grins and sits up to stretch. I stare as her shirt lifts a bit to reveal her toned stomach.

   "You're staring again." My eyes jerk up to see she isn't even looking at me to tell I was staring. How the heck does she do that?

   She laughs and as if she read my mind, says, "I could feel your eyes on me." She gets up and walks to her dresses. I continue to stare at her back end as she riffles through her drawers. "Can still feel you staring." She says in a sing song voice as she pulls out her signature black t-shirt and jeans. I finally blush and look away. "Now, I need to get dressed and you need to leave. So beat it." She gestures toward the door with her head. I raise my hands in surrender and saunter out the door, making sure to wink at her before closing the door behind me.

   I smile as I walk down the hallway towards the living room where the kids are playing. "Hey, guys!" I greet as I walk in.

   "Hey, Dazz!" They respond, nit looking up from what they're doing.

   "So I'm going to have to steal Ava away for a little while today, okay?" I was going to do it regardless of what they said, but I wanted to see what they'd say id Ava wasn't going to be here. They seemed to have grown rather fond of her. Even if it's only been a day.

   All of their heads snap up to look at me at the same time. "No, you're not." I'm not sure who says it, but everyone nods in agreement with the speaker.

   "Sorry, guys. Have to. Ava's a really important person among her people and has work to do. But don't worry, I won't be taking her for a while and we'll be back before dinner." They grumble in annoyance and turn back to what they were doing with out another word to me. Okay then. I guess Ava had them completely wrapped around her little finger. Figures.

   I walk into the kitchen and pour me a drink. I'm standing at the counter and looking put the window while thinking when I feel slim arms wrap around my waist and a head lay on my back. "Whatcha doin'?"

   I turn in her arms and settle mine around her as I look down into her face. "Thinking."

   "About?"