And The Truth Comes Out

***Ava's P.O.V

   I take a deep breath. We had all gathered in the same chamber that we had when we had first arrived. Commander Mark was about o tell everyone that we could leave. That they could leave. I hadn't told him yet that Milo and I were staying. I knew this wasn't going to go over well.

   "Hey, Ava!" Colin walks over to me and I smile. "Commander Mark told me that we get to leave! Isn't this awesome?!?" I try to grin at him, but fail miserably. 

   "Yeah, great." My voice is strained a little and I know that he notices by the look he gives me.

   "What's up, Ave? You okay?"

   I sigh. He would know if I lied. He knew me to well. "No, Colls, I'm not okay. There's something I haven't told you."

   His eyes turn wary. "What's that?" 

   "I'm . . . not leaving." He looks at me, blinks, and continues to stare.

   "You . . . what? Ava, of course you're leaving. What's gotten into your head, girl?!? You'tr going to be Commander one day!" He looks at me with anxious eyes. He knew I was serious.

   "I'm staying and Milo is, too. I know where you guys are going, and will come to see you sometime, but I'm staying here."

   "Ava . . . why? What's so special here? You're my girl, Aves! I need my side chick with me when I hit on the hot guys!"

   I laugh, though it sounds forced. I was going to miss him so much. "You'll see why I'm staying when I tell the others." 

   "You're being serious?"

   "Yes."

   He sighs and wraps an arm around me. "Okay, Aves. Whatever makes you happy." I smile. This is why he was my best friend.

   "Attention! Attention!" Commander Mark tries, and fails, to get everyone's attention. 

   I sighs and put my hands up to my mouth. "SILENCE!" My voice echoes through out the room and everyone stops talking. Commander Mark nods to me and I nod back. He turns and starts talking to everyone. 

   "Okay, listen up! We finally have a way off the planet." Murmurs go through the room, but he quickly shushes them. "But we are not going in the ship. There is a planet not far from here that is uninhabited. We will be going there in the panic pods. Once again, Ava has came up and executed a plan to keep us all safe." Everyone claps politely, some hoot, some cheer, and some laugh at what he said. I smile at them. 

   He's about to continue when I step in. "But I'm afraid it's the last plan I'll be making for all of you. When you guys go, I won't be going with you." Everyone's heads snap towards me at that. A few cry out in dismay, the kids actually start crying, others just stare at me like I've lost my mind.

   "What?" Commander Mark's question is sharp and slices through me like a knife. I hated this. I walk towards the front of the room. Standing in front of Commander Mark instead of behind for once. His eyes go wide and he steps forward to grab my arm. As soon as he moves toward me, Leo and a few others step forward, yanking him away from me. I hold my hand up and they let go. Dazz comes over from where he stood with his parents and Milo against the wall to stand behind me for protection, though I knew none of them would hurt me.

   "These words are like stones in my heart, but they must be said." They all stare at me in shock. I sigh, again. I didn't know how to tell them. "I won't go into all the details, but long story short, and this is going to sound crazy by the way, but I'm going to . . . be the queen here. Which means I can not go with you. I'm needed here. More than I'm needed with you." They all continue to stare at me in shock.