A Relaxing Day

***Ava's P.O.V

   It's been almost a week and the pods are almost ready. I feel a sting of pain and longing go through me. I had already talked to Milo and no matter what I said, he wasn't leaving me. I'd briefly thought about using mind control, but decided against it. I couldn't bring myself to do that to him, even if it was for his own good.

   I feel arms go around my waist and Dazz's chin on my shoulder and I smile. I'm watching as the last of the pods get finished up. Me and a few others went into the ship to get what we could of everyone's stuff. I made sure the whole place was striped clean of anything useful for them to take with them. I think of Colin getting  on the ship and feel my heart skip a beat.

   I was going to miss him to pieces. He was my best friend and he was my brother. I didn't want to leave him, even though it's what was best for him. For all of them.

   "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours? I can practically smell the wheels turning in there." I laugh and lean back into him.

   "Nothing really. I'm just going to miss them. That's all."

   "Mhmm." He snuggles his face into my neck. "That all?"

   I smile. How did he know me so well in such a short amount of time? "I'm happy he's staying, but I feel guilty about it. He shouldn't have to stay on account of me."

   "Ava, he's making his own decision. As far as he's concerned, you're his daughter. He's not just going to leave you. And, like I said, you can visit whenever you want." I smile and nod.

   "Yeah, I know. I just worry about them. Before, I was always there to protect them. To help them. I was their rock that would never budge in a storm. Now I won't ever be that again. I promised to protect them and now they'll be leaving, and I'll be staying here." I sigh and turn his arms. "Can we go for a swim?"

   He grins. "Anytime you wish, regina meis." I smile and grab his hand, dragging him to the car. He laughs at me, but doesn't resist.

   We hop in and he takes off for the lake. We get to the trees and I jump out and run into the forest.

   "Hey! Wait up!" I  hear behind me, but I'm already at the lake. I look around in confusion. The lake was at least a three mile walk from the road. I look behind me and see Dazz suddenly appear, looking utterly shocked. Then he grins. "You're starting to show more and more Guerra traits."

   I grin and strip off my clothes before running to dive into the water. Dazz is right behind me. The water wasn't cold or hot. It felt perfect. It always felt perfect in the lake. With a start, I realize that I'd been under for a couple minutes, just enjoying the feel of the water. I also realize that my lungs weren't burning for air like they should be. I grin at Dazz, who was staring at me in awe.

   I turn and swim away from him. I'm acutely aware of everything around me. The swishing and flowing of the plants, the soft rolling and tumbling of the waves, the evidence of life below the surface of the water. It was amazing. Everything seemed so clear to me now. I could sense everything around me. I could feel the breathing and soft thumping of a doe's heart in the woods. Hear the pecking of a bird's beak against a tree.

   I smiled. The more I practiced and excepted who and what I was, the better I got and the more I found out I could do. Dazz swims up to me and grabs my hips. He grins at me and pulls me down to a little caved I noticed during one of our swims. He'd said that it went to far in and I prob wouldn't make the swim. He could only provide oxygen for so long. He also said it was dark and hard to see where you were going, but he never told me what was in there.