More Recruiting

***Ava's P.O.V

   I was in the main chamber again, waiting for the Elders to come in. I had been informed that they actually lived here. The doors opened and they all walked in to stand in front of me. They all bowed, then sat down in their seats.

   "Your highness, we were not expecting you." Earl's voice held surprise, I didn't know how I felt about that.

   "Yeah, I'm getting a lot of that today. I came to talk to you about those seamstresses we talked about."

   "Ah, yes. We have decided on a list of about a dozen men and women for you to look at. If you so desire, I can have them escorted to the palace to meet with you, your highness."

   "No. Thank you, Earl. I'd rather go and meet with them myself. Can you right down their names and where they live, please?"

   "My queen, do you think that is the best decision? I do not think it is wise to be going around the city with only your personal guard."

   "I want them to see that I am not going to just be their queen. I want them to trust me and they won't do that if they think I'm hiding something  or think that I think I'm better than them be staying in the palace all he time. Or going around with a whole fleet of guards. Just give me the list please and we'll be on our way." Earl nods, all be it reluctantly, and writes down the names and where they live. He hands it over.

   "Here you are, your highness. If you need anything else, we are at your service."

   I smile at him and nod. "Thank you, Earl. I will see you all some other time. I want to get the staff done then start working on those meetings with the neighboring planets. "

   "Yes, we will start contacting them tomorrow."

   "I nod again. "Excellent." Then I leave, the bottom of my dress twirling as I spin around. When we walk outside, people start staring and whispering again. I refrain from rolling my eyes and smile warmly at all of them. I get that they were knew to all of this, but they could be a bit more discreet about the whispering and staring.

   I see someone move closer out of the corner of my eye, I look over and see the little girl from yesterday pulling away from her mother and walking over to me shyly. I smiled at her and she giggles.

   "H-hi, your highness," she mumbles while looking at the ground.

   "Hello, sweetie. What's your name." I crouch down to her height to look her in the eye.

   She blushes and keeps her eyes firmly trained on the ground. "Mae."

   "Well, that's a beautiful name, Mae. I'm Ava." She smiles and scuffs her toe on the ground.

   "I wanted to say that you're very pretty."

   "Awe. Thank you, baby. That's so sweet of you."

   She smiles and blushes. "C-can I hug you?" I laugh and hold my arms out to her. She smiles and slams into me, little arms wrapping around my neck. I tickle her and she squeals, giggling in delight.

   I pull back and she smiles at me one ,ore time before running back to her mother. I smile softly and go to the car.

   Dazz smiles and wraps his arm around me. "You are going to make a great queen.

   "Hey! I already am a great queen." I pout playfully at him and he laughs.

   "Yeah. You are." I lay my head on his chest and stay like that until we pull up to an apartment complex.