Chapter 7

I had decided to spend the day at my mum’s boutique. As usual it was busy, clients coming in and going out.

I was sitting on a couch in one of the fitting rooms using the Wi-Fi to update my phone and laptop.

My phone dinged signifying it was done with the update, I unplugged it from the charger and immediately the messages started popping up. I tapped on my instant message app to see Farida typing.

F- Heyyy

- Hi

F- What’s up? How are you?

- Nothing much, spending the day at my      mum’s place. What about you?

F- Stuck in my concrete and glass prison😭

- Ayyah… poor you.

F- Any way… Hamza asked about you.

I frowned trying to remember who Hamza was, and then it dawned on me

- Hamza… the Arab guy?

F- Ehen now, who else?

- 😒😒

F- He wants your number… I decided to ask you first.

- Not interested

F- Come onnn… he’s a really nice guy.
      Give him a chance pleeeaaaseee.

I rolled my eyes at her reply. I already had a lot on my plate.

- Farida…

F- Please just give him a chance. He likes    you!!!
Or…
Is this about Khalifa?

- Why do you have to mention that turd?    🤨🤨

F- Ahhhh… sorry ooo, didn’t mean to piss you off.
So… should I give him your number?

I knew Farida would keep on bothering me if I didn’t agree. Once she has her sights set on something happening she wouldn’t rest till it did.

- Fine, but the moment he tries anything I will block him

F- 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
You won’t regret this. I can already see your future babies
Brb

I chuckled checking the rest of my messages before moving to Snapchat, watching people’s stories.

Khalifa’s story came up; my finger hovered over the view icon. I bit my lip contemplating on swiping pass it, I tapped on it and stared at those beautiful brown eyes looking back at me, it was as if they held speck of sunlight. I couldn’t help the smile that crept onto my lips.

The picture was soon replaced by a picture that made me lose hope all over. I mean how could I compete with the kinds of girls he hung out with. Her arms were around his neck, she was laughing looking back at the camera, and his arms were around her waist as he grinned at the camera. I pressed the home button not wanting to see anymore.

Is it so bad too bad that I actually want to be more?

Idiot

I hissed tossing the phone to the end of the couch, he always found a way to ruin my day but still I couldn’t help but miss him.

“Najma” my mum’s voice called out. “Yes” I answered walking out of the room to find her looking through her bag.

“Go get your things, I’m done for today” she instructed.

I nodded and went back to get my laptop and phone, waving at the receptionist before meeting her in the parking lot. She was already in the car. I opened the passenger door and got in.

“I finally updated my laptop” I told her smiling. She raised an eyebrow glancing at me before looking back at the road.

“Is that your way of telling me you used my Wi-Fi?”
I smiled at her sheepishly

“Well… if I don’t help you use it who will?”

“My clients” she retorted. I laughed looking out the window.

“Mama, can we stop at La Brioche?” I asked.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I’m sure Ada has already cooked.” She said

“We can keep her food in the fridge and eat it tomorrow. Please” I suggested. She sighed before taking a right onto Musa Yar’adua Street; I couldn’t help the grin as I sat up.

1 hour later we were on our way home, my stomach filled. This was the main reason why I missed Lagos, the food. The ride back was silent, mama concentrating on the road while I was off in my own world.

We soon arrived at home and mama parked her car. I got out grabbing my backpack and her work bag. I immediately went upstairs, dropping her bag in her room and walking to my room.

I prayed then changed into my night gown turning on the TV, I frowned flicking through the channels, and there was absolutely nothing to watch. I settled for a reality show not really paying attention as I ruffled through my bag looking for my phone.

I decided to check my messages and was reading through my secondary school group chat when a new message popped up from an unknown number.

-Hello Najma, It’s Hamza.
How are you?

          ************************

A/N

Hello everybody!!!

Poor Najma... Khalifa is a real member of The Arewa Heartbreakers Association 😂😂😂.

What do you guys think about Hamza?

I smell a love triangle coming up 😂😂😂 but what do I know... I'm just the writer😉😉.

The picture above is The Third Mainland Bridge. The longest bridge in Africa until 1996 but still remains the longest bridge in West Africa. It is located in Lagos Nigeria and links the Mainland of Lagos to the Island of Lagos.

Comment
Vote
Share💖💖

Hugs and kisses 💕💕