Chapter 20

It was the next day, I had made the decision to delete all my social media accounts. I couldn’t deal with all the hate and slander that was going on.

My phone felt pretty useless, Farida and the rest had called but I rejected all their calls and switched the phone off.

I spent the day doing absolutely nothing, wallowing in self pity. Mama had enough of my sadness and dragged me out of my room to join her for lunch.

Bringing us to the present, we were seated at Sailor’s Lounge. She thought I needed fresh air, fresh ocean air to be precise which was not helping with my runny nose. I had glasses on to conceal my swollen eyes.
“Eat” she ordered as I stared at the rice in front of me. “I’m not hungry” I mumbled again.

“Najma if you do not eat, Wallahi don’t think you are too old for me to smack you. I don’t care what mood you are in but you will not starve yourself on my watch”
I sighed taking a small spoonful of rice to my mouth, chewing slowly. We continued eating in silence.

“I was thinking” she began placing her utensils down “why don’t we go see your dad? I think we both need the break. What do you say?”

I stared at her wide eyes, the food forgotten. I had not seen baba in 9 months, I missed him ofcourse and would want to see him and with the mess that was my life, this would have been the perfect opportunity.

“I’ll think about it” I replied. “Okay, just let me know when you make the decision.”
I nodded and continued eating, we left after I was done. I guess going out really helped, my heart still felt heavy but I felt a little better. We parted ways with mama at home, I staying downstairs while she went upstairs.

                        ***********

The door bell rang an hour later and I opened the door to see Farida.

“What do you want?” I asked glaring at her.

“Najma I'm so sor…”

“No you're not Farida. I don’t want to hear anything. You left me there when I needed you the most. You just stood there watching!!!” I yelled at her.

“Najma I…”

“Let’s not talk about the way you all left me at the restaurant the other day, then you all ditched me and decided to call me up only when you needed my help. But when I needed you, you didn’t sho…” my voice wavered at the end. She stood there staring at me.

“Is everything okay?” mama asked.

“Yes. Farida was just leaving” I replied glaring at Farida before making my way up the stairs, brushing past mama.

                          ----------------------

A/N

Allah Sarki Najma... it's like the world is against her at this point 😭😭😭

What do you guys think about her interaction with Farida?

Will she go see her father or will she stay?

Let me know in the comments.

Please comment
Vote
Share 💖💖

Hugs and kisses 💕💕

Ps

The picture in the media is of Sailor's Lounge, a restaurant located in Lekki.