Chapter 22

The ride to Khalifa’s house seemed too short for my liking, I had counted on the usual traffic to give me more time to prepare myself.

The massive gates swung open and we drove in, the driver parked under the car tent.

I opened the door and got out of the car. I was about to help aunt Rabi with some of her bags when the door opened.

“Ah, Khalifa you are home.” His mum said smiling as he approached us.

“Welcome back mama” he greeted smiling at her. I stood behind the boot, the cover hiding me from view.

“Najma dear, come along. Khalifa can help the driver with the bags.” I took a deep breath and walked towards them.

Khalifa didn’t bother sparing me a glance as he walked past me to get the boxes.

That could have been worse

I followed her in, the house had this open feeling to it that I loved. It had less doors and more arcs in place. Aunt Rabi led me upstairs to a room near hers.

“Make your self at home” she smiled. I smiled back at her and opened the door. The blue walls and white blinds calming me immensely.

I sighed and sat on the bed, slipping my shoes off.  I laid down staring at the ceiling.

How was I going to survive staying here with Khalifa pretending I don't exist?

There was a knock on the door, I went to open it and saw my box on the floor. I caught a whiff of Khalifa's perfume and sighed.

He smelled so good.

Najma... cut it out.

I dragged the box into room and started unpacking. By the time I was done, it was around evening time. Normally I would have gone to find Khalifa but that wasn't an option.

The last thing I needed was a snob. I decided to hide in my room till it was time for dinner. I walked down the stairs to the dining room.

Hazel brown eyes met mine but instead of holding my gaze it was as if he was looking through me. I couldn't help the chill that ran through me.

"Come sit Najma" I didnt notice Aunt Rabi was there. I smiled at her and walked over to take a seat opposite Khalifa.

Dinner was a silent affair apart from the questions Aunt Rabi asked occasionally. Anyone could feel the tension in the room. Khalifa was the first to finish, he stood up to leave.

"Mama I'm going to meet Abba and the rest" he said.

"Okay. Why don't you take Najma with you?" I saw him stiffen.

"It's late. I'll go tomorrow"

I felt my heart twist painfully in my chest. He would rather not go than to take me with him.

She frowned but nodded. He left the room and I finished up my food. Dropping my plate in the kitchen I made my way towards the living room. I could hear his voice, he sounded like he was on a call.

I noticed it was a video call. His eyes never left the screen even as I sat on the couch. The laughter told me it was Ummaymah. I tried to concentrate on the movie but I couldn't, I left the living room for my room.

I decided to watch a movie on my laptop but my mind was far away... with Khalifa. I felt a sting in my eyes and blinked away the tears.

Tomorrow... I'll talk to him tomorrow.

                      *************

I walked into the kitchen the next day, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. My eyes landed on Khalifa who was having his breakfast.

"Morning" I whispered.

He didn't reply.

I sighed and sat opposite him on the island.

"Look Khalifa, I'm really sorry about what happened at the Fashion show. It was my in..."

My eyes widened when he stood, walked to the sink dumping the rest of his cereal and walking out. I dug my palms into my eyes to stop the tears.

Why was he making this so hard?!!!

You're dead to me Najma.

I had messed up, he was never going to talk to me again. With my appetite gone, I made my way back upstairs.

I curled up on the bed, hating myself. I had no one to talk to. Everybody hated me and the person I wanted to talk to most was ignoring me.

I could already tell the rest of my holiday was going to be hell. I spent the rest of the day in my room watching movies before I decided I needed a break.

I made my way downstairs and froze when I heard voices... familiar voices.

They stopped talking as I walked into the kitchen.

I didn't bother looking at any of them, getting the water from the fridge, I turned to leave.

"Najma" Suls called. I froze before ignoring them to get a cup.

"I don't think she's going to answer you Suls... she's kind of you know... anti social" Ummaymah laughed.

"I didn't ask for your opinion" he hissed.

"It's not like she's saying a lie" Khalifa drawled. I bit my lip as I poured the water into the cup.

Ignore them Najma. Just ignore them.

"See even Khalifa dear agrees with me... baby can we go out? I'm bored" she whined.

"Whatever you want" he replied and I felt them leave. My fingers tightened around the cup as I tried to get my breathing under control.

Yup... these few weeks are going to be hell.

                   -----------------------

Hello Everyone!!!

I know it's short. But I promise the next chapter will better.

What do you guys think?

Is Khalifa being too mean?

Let me know in the comments
Vote
Share💖💖

Huge and kisses 💕💕