Chapter 17

The days seemed to fly past, I had a month left before resumption, which was something I usually dreaded but for the first time in my life I was looking forward to it.

I had not seen any of them after the lunch at HardRock Cafe; they were not even active on social media, except posts from Abba and Suls promoting the Fashion Show.

Ummaymah and Maryam on the other hand updated and uploaded almost every hour. I tried to resist the temptation to view their updates but I couldn’t.

Videos and pictures of her with Khalifa, some days with Maryam and Abba, there was even a video of all of them having lunch with Farida and the rest. That one hurt me the most.

Twitter was even worse; she had a picture of her and Khalifa on a jet ski with heart emojis. Another of him lying on a beach chair in beach shorts and shades and the last one of both of them in the water, Khalifa had liked and retweeted all.

She also had a picture of her, Maryam and Farida. She was pushing me out of the picture and I felt absolutely powerless about it. My phone ringing jolted me out of my spunk.

Farida Calling

I was tempted to reject it because hell… I was mad at her, I was mad at all of them. Childish as it sounded. The call ended and she called again immediately. I sighed before answering the call.

“Hello”

“Could you come over to my place please? It’s an emergency” she asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Sure.” I hung up and grabbed my jacket; the driver was around so I asked him to take me to Farida’s.

Her door was partially opened, so I walked right in and came face to face with Hamza.

“H...hey”

“Hey stranger” he replied smiling.

“I’m so sorry… I just didn’t know how I was going to face you after what happ…”

“It’s okay. Friends?”

I smiled “Friends”

“Sorry to keep you two waiting. I need your help” Farida said coming into the living room. “Two of my models can’t make it so I need you two to fill the spots. Please?" She asked looking at both of us with big puppy eyes.

I wanted to be mad at her, I wanted to say no but I smiled and nodded. I couldn’t stay mad at her.

“Sure” Hamza also said, she smiled jumping a little before going completely into work mode.

“So, we only have tomorrow to prepare you guys. The show is on Saturday, I will need to you to be here early in the morning, understood?”

We both nodded and she went ahead to show us the clothes we would be wearing. I couldn’t help the shiver of fear that crept up my spine.

Could I really do this?

                             ---------------

A/N

Hey Everyone!!!

So this is just a filler chapter. Sorry it's short.

Comment
Vote
Share 💖💖

Hugs and kisses 💕💕