Chapter 11

I was in the kitchen making spaghetti and Meat ball sauce when mama came in.

“Welcome home” I smiled

“Thank you. Something smells really good” she said sniffing the air.
I smiled.

“I’m making my famous sauce... you know... the one i sent you a picture of when I was in school.”

She nodded setting her bag on the dinning table.

“How was work?” I asked.

“It was good and busy” she replied washing her hands before walking over to the fridge to get water.

“Ada stocked the fridge?”

“No, she called in sick so I decided to do the shopping myself.” I explained. She sent me a smile of appreciation.

“What will I do without you?” She asked. I shrugged

“Still be an awesome woman”

“How much did you spend?” She asked.

“20,000 Naira on the shopping and then 3k for transportation” I explained. She nodded pulling out the plates as I turned off the cooker.

“Remind me to transfer some funds into your account"

“Okay” I replied dishing the food into the plate before we moved to the dinning table.
I decided to get it over with.

“This is really nice” she moaned before digging into the meal. At least she’s in a good mood

“Uhm... mama... there’s this restaurant opening happening tomorrow and I was invited.” I started.

“Who invited you?” She asked.

Here we go

“Hamza” I replied.

“Who is he?”

“He’s a friend of Farida. They live in the same apartment complex” I explained.

“Where did you guys meet?”

“First meeting in the elevator, second meeting today at the supermarket. He helped me get some items from the top shelves and he also gave me a lift back home.”

Good job Najma... score him some brownie points

She nodded...

“A woman came in wanting to buy a dress for a restaurant opening, I guess it’s the same. My assistant is going so she can act as a chaperone. I want to see him before you two leave.” She said. I smiled nodding.

“Thank you mama" I replied smiling,
She hummed.We continued eating and discussing about other things.

After dinner I washed the plates and pans before making my way to my room. I decided to call him.

“Hello”

“Hey... how are you doing?” I asked.

“I'm good. What about you?”

“Great... so I talked to my mum and she agreed buuuttt... she wants to meet you before we leave” I explained.

“should I be worried?” He asked. I laughed sitting down.

“Don’t worry... we don’t have a gun anymore so you're safe. Besides i painted you out to be a knight in shinning armour” I teased. He laughed

“Well... I guess I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Yeah... good night.”

“Night”

                   *************