Chapter 24

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

11:45pm

I was seated in a secluded part of the waiting area, my legs drawn up to my chest, arms wrapped around knees. My eyes were on the clock but my mind was miles away.

His body was shaking.

His eyes had rolled back into his head.

His breath was coming in gasps.

His mouth was filing with foam.

I closed my eyes, chasing the memories away, as the tears fell harder. I wiped them away.

An hour, it had been an hour since they took him into the operating room.

Overdose

The word still seemed alien... why would he do that?

Was it a mistake?

He couldn't have done it on purpose.

Oh Allah save him.

I closed my eyes leaning my head against the wall; I didn't even hear the door opening till I felt a hand on my shoulder and Farida's concerned face came to view.

I stared at her for what seemed like forever before my face crumpled and I broke down crying. She hugged me and I held her tight as the sobs and cries escaped my lips.

I shut my eyes as my cries got louder; it felt like my heart was bleeding, I felt raw pain. Pain for Abba, for what my life had become, for my father being far away from us, for Khalifa...

She rubbed my back as I continued with the gut wrenching sobs, she pulled back and a hard warm body took over, lifting me up and placing me on their thighs. I buried my face in the person's chest as the tears fell.

Strong firm arms wrapped around me, pushing me closer, I moved my face to the person's neck as I let out a shaky breath.

"Shhh... It's going to be okay" Khalifa's voice whispered gently rocking me.

Hearing his voice and realizing I was in his arms made the tears fall harder. I held on tighter as if he were my life link, he held me tighter resting his cheek on top of my head.

I had no idea how long we stayed like that, my sobs had died down and I was staring into space when I saw the doctor approaching us. I scrambled out of Khalifa's arms and ran to meet the him.

"How is he?" I asked my voice hoarse from crying.

"Well... he's not out of the woods yet but we were able to get most of the drugs out of his system. We've placed him in a medically induced coma tonight to monitor him. We are also pumping in some fluids into him as he is severely dehydrated." He explained.

"But... he's going to be okay right?" I whimpered as the tears filled my eyes, slowly spilling down my cheeks. I felt a hand slip into mine.

"We can't be too sure. He was unconscious for a while before you found him. We have no idea the kind of brain damage he could possibly have until he wakes up."

If not for Khalifa who was standing slightly behind me I would have fallen to the floor, his other hand came to my waist to hold me up as I swayed around. I heard him thank the doctor before lifting me into his arms.

"It's late, I'll take her home" he whispered. I shook my head struggling to get out of his arms. He let me down still holding onto me just in case.

"No... no, I'm staying here" I argued.

"Najma, you're tired. You should go get some rest. We'll be here waiting." Suls said rubbing my shoulder.

I tried to argue but Khalifa gently drew me closer and after bidding goodbye to them, he guided me out of the hospital to the parking lot. He opened the door and helped me in before closing the door.

"Khalifa!!!" Ummaymah's voice rang out and she ran towards us. I could hear him mutter something underneath his breath before turning to her.

"What?" he asked.

"Where are you going with her?"

"I'm taking her home" he answered

"Can't Suls take her home?"

"No." he replied

"But... haba... Khalifa." She whined stomping her feet.

"I don't have time for this" he said turning to enter the car but she followed him.

"Just tell Suls to take her home, I don't feel comfortable with you taking her home"

"Do I look like I care about what you think?"

"Khalifa you don't mean that."

"What is your problem? Can't you see the state she is in? She's a wreck and you're disturbing me with your meaningless insecurities!!!" With that he got into the car and drove off.

The ride to his house was a silent one; he parked and helped me out of the car. I went straight to the room I was staying and got ready for bed. My actions seemed almost mechanical; I washed my face and tugged on my pajamas.

I opened the door to see Khalifa sitting on the bed; he was fiddling with his phone. He looked up and scooted for me. I sat next to him and we stayed like that for minutes.

"I'm sorry" he whispered "I was being very stupid" I looked up at him as he stared down at me.

"What happened to us?" I asked my voice cracking. He looked away staring at the floor.

"We let things become complicated I guess" he whispered.

He sat up, grabbing my hands in his. "I love you Najma. I have loved you for a very long time. I'll continue loving you even if you end up with someone else. I will not like him but I will respect your decision. I was a total jack ass these few weeks and I don't think all the apologies in the world would make up for it, but I am deeply sorry"

"I'm sorry too, I was scared. You're amazing and I keep on wondering why you would want someone like me. I didn't want to have you and end up losing you like the other girls." I whispered looking down at my fingers.

He cupped my chin and raised my face to look into my eyes.

"None of them ever had my heart. You are the only woman I have ever loved. You have my heart, body and soul." He whispered.

"I love you" he said again, I opened my mouth

"You don't have to say it back"

I couldn't help the smile that overtook my lips and a laugh escaped my lips. A thought overshadowed my happiness.

"What about Ummaymah?"

"I'm done with her." He replied.

"Promise"

"Promise" he grinned.

--------------------

A/N

Ahhhhh... Finally!!!!

Khalifa apologised and they made up!!!!

I personally think she should have made him sweat a bit more but Najma's an angel. 😂😂😂

Poor Abba😭😭😭

What do you guys think?

Comment
Vote
Share 💖💖

Hugs and Kisses 💕💕