Chapter 16

Ummaymah

Why her of all people?

Maryam let out a squeal getting out of her seat to hug her; I could only stare at the both of them.

“Uhm… Khalifa can I talk to you?” the words left my lips before I could even stop them.
He looked me over before walking away; I stood and went after him. He turned to face me, his eyebrow raised.

“You have a minute”

I took in a deep breathe.

“Why is she here? Look if this is your way of getting back at me because of Hamz…”

“Wait…” he said cutting me off “You think I invited Ummaymah over here, paid for her ticket and accommodation just to spite you? Wow... You see the ball of fire up there” he pointed to the sun “well surprise, surprise Najma, the world revolves around that not you. Grow the fuck up.”

With that he brushed past me walking back to our table.

I stared at the wall he had leaned against, my eyes stinging with tears, heart beating so fast. I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath before releasing it. I made my way back to the table and sat down ignoring Farida’s questioning stare.

Maryam and Ummaymah were busy talking and catching up. Abba and Khalifa were discussing on something, so was Farida and Suls. Basically I became the odd one, I was starting to regret coming for this lunch.

“Oh… Naja… I didn’t notice you there” Ummaymah said, her gaze literally piercing.

“It’s Najma” I replied.

“Oh… my bad” she smirked “What are you doing here? I thought you would spend the holiday in school, seeing how much of a… nerd you are”

I bit the inside of my cheek, not giving her the satisfaction of seeing how much her words hit me. She looked over at Khalifa, wrapping an arm around him, laying her head on his shoulder.

“Baby can we go? I’m exhausted.” She whispered. “Sure” he nodded and after saying good bye to everybody except me, they left.

“Suls, can you please take me home?” I asked.

“Sorry Najma, Farida and I are actually heading to the Mainland and it’s really urgent.” I turned to Abba who was on the phone.

“Yeah, I’ll be right there” he hung up, standing up immediately.

“Abba can you…”

“Sorry Najma, something went wrong with one of the stage lights and I need to there. Maryam let’s go. I could get you an uber though” he suggested. I smiled shaking my head.

“Don’t worry. I’ll just get a taxi outside” I whispered. They all left and I sighed burying my face in my palms.

What is happening to my life?

                    --------------------------

A/N

Poor Najma, I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through.

Khalifa is such a meanie.

What do you guys think?

Let me know in the comment section pleaseeeee

Vote
Share 💖💖

Hugs and kisses 💕💕