8. Love birds🦋

"What's so funny?" Ron narrowed his eyes while observing me through his rear mirror. I was still smiling like an idiot.

"Nothing," I quickly answered him as I brought back from my day dreaming of a certain 'someone'.

"I heard you are planning to take over your dad's company." I tried to change the topic.

"Well, that's the plan all along." Ron looked at me again from the rear mirror of the car.

"We heard that you completed the study for a doctor's degree first, then went to business college in the USA, now taking over your dad's company." I gave him a deep, impressive look.

"How did you do everything?"

"Well, when I want something I get it," Ron replied to me with a serious face.

"Wow, that's so...high. You are so cool." I said as I slightly nodded my head with a grin on my face.

"You are weird today, what happened?" I could see from the rear mirror he squinted his eyes with an amused expression.

"Oh, she had a delicious blueberry cheesecake today," Oli answered with a smirk. Ron's brows frowned.

"Shut up!" I whispered Oil to shut up.

I nudged Rose and signalled her to continue the conversation and Rose happily understood.

"So, Ron, you are going to be very busy from now on, right?" Rose asked him and I showed her a thumb up silently.

"Well, there is still some paperwork left and I have to schedule some meetings, so yeah, quite busy." Ron smiled at her.

"Hi, mom." I greeted mom when I saw her in the living room.

"Hi, dear." Mom was watching a movie on Netflix. "How was your day?"

"Best." I said as I just remembered my lunch with Brant.

"Why? What happened?" Mom got curious.

"Nothing." I quickly said. "Today I just got the perfect nervous system of an octopus in the lab."

"Ugh." Mom squinted her nose. "Ok, I don't want to know."

I laughed with her reaction.

"Did you finish making dinner?"

"I will." She answered. "After this movie." I looked at the TV and saw her favourite movie, Mamma Mia, here we go again. It'd be cruel to tell her to leave the movie, even though she watched that movie...almost...I didn't know, maybe twenty times.

"It's ok, you can relax and watch the movie," I told her. "I will make beef lasagne for dinner."

"Oh, thank you so much love." She beamed and threw me a flying kiss.

I came downstairs after freshening up a little. I made beef lasagne with some baked beans and corn. Arthur and dad were already home when I finished making dinner. I served everyone's food and mine.

*********

The next day was the weekend, and my working day at the pet shop.

I groaned when my sweet dreams dissolved by my phone's ringtone. I reached out my hand to search for my phone on the bedside table, still closing my eyes.

As usual, it was Rose.

"Wake...up.." Rose said with a drowsy sleepy voice. "Just because of you, I can't even enjoy my weekend sleep. Just what did I do to deserve this punishment!"

"But look at the bright side." I told her as I yawned. "You became a rise and shine person because of me. You can give me a thank you note later."

"Fuck... you...," she said with the same sleepy tone and hung up the phone.