45. More than enough🦋

(Don't forget to hear the song 👆)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Officer Adrian was in deep conversation with Jack at the plush couch next to the elevator. Officer White is with Ian and Ryder at the dining room table. Detective Clarke was asking Ron questions. Allan was sitting with Ron, to give him some mental support. I was curled into a ball and laying on the couch. My throbbing head was resting on Lucy's lap. Lucy was scratching lightly on my scalp with her slim fingers to make me feel relaxed. Oli put a blanket on me and sat near my feet. She was slowly rubbing my toes to make me feel nice. The paramedic took Rupert away to the hospital. His condition was not too good. He might need a nose and finger surgery.

"So, he is your close friend and your business partner?" Detective Clarke asked with an amused tone.

"Yes," Ron answered grimly as he clenched his jaws.

"Close enough to know your apartment's secure pass-code?" That time a mocking smirk could clearly be seen on his face.

What was his problem!

I couldn't comprehend why he was mocking Ron like that! I assumed he was pissed because he dragged out from his happy movie time to clear some rich people's chores.

"Yes." Ron pinched his nose bridge hard.

"Are you sure he was forcing himself on your wife, or you walked in between them?"

"That's enough!" Allan got up from his sitting position. I could hear Oli mumbling 'Jerk' under her breath. Lucy also seemed annoyed with those ridiculous questions.

"Mr Ryan?" The detective was still staring at Ron. Ignoring everyone's bitter remark.

"No, I am sure of what I saw." Ron straightened up, in his position. Both of them were very much into an intense staring competition. "And if you don't believe in my words, you can check the surveillance cameras. My whole apartment is secure with them."

"Very well." The detective was the first to back up from that staring competition. "I want to ask Mrs Ryan some questions."

"She is not in the right condition to talk right now," Ron told the detective with a firm tone.

"Yes, that can wait," Allan spoke up.

I sat up from my lying position. "I think I can talk." Ron looked at me warily.

"Liza, dear. You don't have to." Lucy quickly told me as she rubbed on my back gently.

"It's ok, I am fine," I said softly. Ron turned his head towards the detective. His expression was scary.

"I don't want to brag about my position." Ron looked at the detective with some piercing look. "But I can pull some strings with my position to make someone's life miserable. So, try to ask her in your gentle way. Am I clear?"

The smug look on the detective's face kinda faded away. He cleared his throat nervously.

"I will try my best," Detective Clarke mumbled his answer softly.

"Good," Ron said tersely.

"Mrs Ryan." The Detective turned to me. "Please tell me everything."

I took a deep breath and told him everything from the very beginning. I shuddered uncontrollably when I scarcely recalled that vicious incident. It was like a horrible nightmare.