48. Been A While🦋

I opened my eyes to see those most attractive pairs of ocean blue eyes were staring at me.

"Good morning." I murmured sweetly as I snuggled up to him.

"Good morning." He gave me a bright smile and leaned a little to peck on my lips. I kissed him back.

"What time is it?" I asked him drowsily, still closing my eyes.

"It's six-thirty." He answered and pulled me closer to him.

"I should get up." I opened my eyes unwillingly and looked into his eyes. "My first class starts at nine."

"Say, are you free this afternoon?" He asked as he inhaled my hair.

I closed my eyes to think about that day's routine. "Yeah, I think so. I only have two major classes today. Why?"

"I was wondering if we could have lunch together." He moved some loose strands of hairs from my face.

"Sure." I got up energetically. "Where should we meet?"

"There's a good restaurant near my office." He chuckled softly. "We can have lunch there. What do you think?"

"Sure." I climbed out of bed and put on my t-shirt. "I will come to your office after my classes."

"I will be waiting." He smiled indulgently.

After finishing my classes, I bid goodbyes to my friends and walked to my new car, Ian in tow. Ian opened the car door for me, and I climbed in.

"I hope today you didn't have to get bored while waiting for me outside," I said to Ian as I looked at him through the rear mirror. "I only had two classes."

"I never get bored, Mrs Ryan," Ian said politely. "It is my job."

"Still, I always kinda feel sorry when you have to wait outside for me." I said while narrowing my eyes guiltily.

"Please don't be." He looked at me reassuringly through the rear mirror. "As I said, it is my job and I enjoy it."

When we reached 'Ryan Cloud', Ian parked the car in the parking lot and got out to check the surroundings. Then he opened the door for me.

"Thanks, Ian." I smiled at him gratefully. Ian smiled back and closed the door after I had climbed out.

That was the third time, me being there, in that building. Well, the first time as Mrs Ryan.

I walked to the receptionist confidently. The same blonde I saw for the first time. She was working on her computer with her full concentration. I stood in front of her with a smug expression. She was too busy to notice.

"Excuse me," I called her with a reserve voice. "I have an appointment with Mr Ryan."

"Sure." Her eyes were still on the screen. "Your name please."

I smirked. "Mrs Ryan."

Blondie quickly looked up and gasped when she saw me. She quickly stood up.

"Mrs Ryan!" She quickly managed to pull an apologetic face. "I am so sorry, I didn't notice you."

"Nah, it's fine." I smiled with satisfaction. "Can I go to him, or you are going to ask his permission?"

"There's no need to ask permission, Mrs Ryan." She said politely. "Mr Ryan specifically told you to give you free access to anywhere in this office."

"Thanks." I glanced at her nameplate on the counter. "Riley."

"You are welcome." Riley gave me a stoic professional smile.