36. Not bad🦋

Arthur stared at me for a few seconds before responding to me rudely, "NO," and turned his face away gloomily.

I took a deep breath and looked at his broad back sheepishly. "Fine, then I will tell everyone that you like to wear panda printed underwear." He jerked his head towards me abruptly with wide eyes. I continued merrily, "And you used to steal my manicure set to take care of your nails like a girl. And you still cry at the tragic ending of every movie. And You...."

"WHAT THE FUCK!" He yelled frantically. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He shouted angrily with a flustered face.

I grinned evilly. He groaned and rubbed his face with his palm frustrated.

"What do you want?" He urged me tiredly. "Just make it quick."

"I am sorry," I told him honestly. "Please forgive me. Don't be angry with me. I can't do anything if you are angry with me."

"Why?" he asked me sarcastically. "I think you are doing fine in your own life."

"Please," I begged again.

He looked at me straight. "Look, Liza, I don't know why you are doing this." He continued solemnly, "And no matter what you say I won't support you with this decision."

I sighed and took a few steps towards him. I stood in front of him up-straight. I looked up to meet his attractive hazel eyes, which he got after dad. I suddenly realised that my brother grew out a lot. Both physically and mentally. I could still remember when I first saw him after he was born. He was like a tiny, little white mouse. When mom gave him in my arms, I was so terrified to hold him. I was too nervous to handle him. Then suddenly he looked at me and glared so hard with his little chocolatey orbs. I didn't know from where but suddenly I got too much extraordinary strength and made a promise to myself that I would properly protect him from everything.

Seemed like I didn't do a great job as a big sister.

"Believe me," I began gently, "I know what I am doing. Just believe me." I added, "Please."

He closed his eyes and was silent for a few seconds. "Liza I am not sure." He released a long and deep sigh as he replied to me.

"Don't worry." I quickly hugged him. "Everything will be fine."

"I hope you are right." He slowly hugged me back when he finally gave in to me.

***********

It was just before seven when our car turned into the driveway of the Ryan Mansion. It was breath-taking, just like the last time when I attended Ron's welcome party. Various coloured roses were included as an extra beauty to that fascinating place. Picture book perfect.

"I am so nervous." Mom said as dad pulled up outside the impressive front door. Ian was following us in his car. He insisted that I should ride with him. But I really wanted to be with my family. I was a little nervous.

I was so glad that the drive was over. Because my mother was asking my ear off about these rich people's domestic habits in the manner of an integrating officer.

"Do they use lace napkins at every meal?"

"What brand of toilet paper do they use?"

"Do they use satin sheets?"

Oh, and the biggest one, "How do they clean their ear wax? Do they do it themselves, or do they have a specific servant to do that job?"

I was literally at the edge of starting to cry. How could I know the answers?

Lucy was standing on the doorstep gracefully, waiting for us, with a warm smile on her face. She looked so elegant and sophisticated in a sea-green silk dress. Behind her stood Mr Ryan, I presumed, tall and as handsome in his own way as Ron. Ron was standing beside his dad attentively. They both shared the exact same blue eyes. They welcomed us with warm greetings.