37. Mrs. Ryan🦋

"Don't move," Rose hissed as she hastily took another wet tissue to clear the messed-up mascara around my eye, which was the result of my sudden blinking. "It's the third time."

"Sorry," I mumbled. My mascara was smeared, and she had to redo her masterpiece with my eye.

Anna offered me a sympathetic look between styling my hair. Rose tilted my head up and wiped that disaster from my face away gently and carefully. She jabbed some concealer and face powder to balance the tone of my under eye area with the other part of my face. She made a concentrated face while decorating my eye again. She actually could make a real concentrated expression. My dad always said that my concentrated expression looked like I wanted to go to the washroom.

"Relax." Anna smiled at me reassuringly as her expert hands started combing through my hair, hefting it craftily, twisting it artistically and shaping it with a feather-light touch. She tried to soothe me. But nothing would help any bride on her wedding day.

Right.

It was my wedding day.

Suddenly I felt so aged.

Anna braided the right front part of my hair and extended it to the backside of my head. She properly attached the braid with some hairpins and pulled slightly some hair to make the braid a little loose.

"Make a loose bun with those extra hairs," Rose instructed Anna as she finished her work with my eyes. She handed Anna some white flower pins to attach them in my loose braid and a silver diamond hair comb. "The veil goes here, underneath the comb." Anna started to work with those flower pins on my hair.

They all took charge with different things. Like Rose was in charge of my makeup and outfit. Anna was for my hair. Oli was in charge of the wedding planner, and Eva was in charge of the bridesmaid outfit. They didn't tell me what they were going to wear for that day.

Rose moved back to my face. Once Anna received Rose's approved commendation on my hair, she was sent off to retrieve my dress and shoes.

"Stand up and raise your hands high." When Anna was back with my dress and shoes Rose made me stand so that she could ease the dress over my hair and makeup. She stood up on a chair and slowly eased the dress on my body. It was a white elegant lace mermaid wedding dress. My knees shook so badly as she fastened the long line of pearl buttons up to my back that the lace quivered in little wavelets down to the floor. They both helped me to put on those crystal ankle strap court stilettos. I was very bad with those high heels.

"Now for the finishing touch." Rose grinned mischievously as she held out the lacy pearl garter in her hand. I went crimson.

"I want you to tell Ron to throw it to Ian. Are we clear?" Rose stared at me in a commanding mode.

"I won't put that on," I told her grumpily.

Rose completely ignored me and squatted down to duck under my dress. I gasped and tottered as she gripped my ankle securely. She placed the garter into the right place.

"Don't forget what I told you." Rose glared at me. I rolled my eyes.

Oli slipped past the door with a medium red rose bouquet. "I can't believe those guys. I told them so many times that the bouquet has to be only red roses and yet they used other flowers with it. I am going to sue them." She was fuming in anger.

"Deep breath," Rose said soothingly. "Try to calm down. You're going to sweat off my hard work on your face."

"But they fixed it, right?" Anna pointed at the red flower bouquet in her hand.